New Brake Lines? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Brake Lines?

On the way to the bank, my brakes were soft and after coming back out I noticed that I had lost all my brake fluid. I suppose the lines are rusted through since the truck lived up north for its first 11 years of life. Anyway, filled it up with fluid and made home with just a little in the resevoir.
My question is this:
Do they make stainless steel brake lines, rubber or some other better material than the original factory stuff. Since this is the last time I want to do this, I thought I would get some good stuff or will I have to get the regular stuff and bend it?
One other question, what is the name of the part on the driver's side frame where the brake lines from the rear hook into after coming down from the master cylinder. This part is also rusty and might need replacement, I suppose it is some kind of sensor? Any help greatly appreciated.
BTW this is for my old 96 f-250 4x4 extended cab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2007, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just had a steel line go out on me. It was a real pain in the butt. I went and got stainless tube from a supply house then took it to a hyd. shop and had them custom bend it for me. I found this to be the easiest way, the dealer didn't want to help me, and about a weeek after my brake went, my brother had a problem with is dakota and he took it to a dealer adn they charged him $680 for a custom fab. brake line, that wasn't stainless. Hardest part is the tube comes 20' long, but my line was 14.5'long, so I had to use a company truck to carry everything. Just try to find a good reputable place to have it bent especially if it is long.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
is it possible to have some stainless steel braided lines made up?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wanted to bump this to see if anybody else has any suggestions, info?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
what is the name of the part on the driver's side frame where the brake lines from the rear hook into after coming down from the master cylinder
RABS Rear antilock valve ...If you don't live in the rust belt ,regular steel will probably last all of 11 years Or longer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.