Clutch position switch, which wires to use to bypass? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch position switch, which wires to use to bypass?

Like the post says which wires do I connect to bypass the switch, the po made the switch to where it doesn't move and starts without the clutch being pushed, but while doing this the cruis doesn't work. Oh by the way the truck is a 95 f250 regular cab 4x4 long bed if it makes a difference. Thanks for the replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

same

i have a 96 extended cab 4x4 and the po did the same thing. I found that if you jump across the brown wire with green stripe to the tan wire with maroon stripe it fixed my cruise control and now it works perfect!
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Did you leave the switch the way that it was or redo the whole thing? I read that the auto vehicles have the same plug but without the switch part and it just has a plug in it that jumps it the correct way.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

THE PO HAD COMPLETELY REMOVED THE OLD SWITCH SO I JUST JUMP THE WIRES FOR THE CRUISE AND LEFT IT ALONE. ITS BEEN THAT WAY FOR ABOUT A MONTH BUT WHEN I GET THE MONEY AND TIME I WILL PUT A NEW SWITCH IN IT! HOWEVER I HAVE PUT 3000 MILES ON IT SINCE I JUMPED THE WIRES AND NO PROBLEMS, JUST MAKE SURE SHE IS IN NEUTRAL!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 PM

Well the neutral part is no big deal as my old mustang has a 5 speed and no safety switch and have never had a problem. But thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.