What to do... (Injector Decisions) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to do... (Injector Decisions)

I have had my truck in the shop getting the valve cover gaskets, wiring harnesses, and glow plugs replaced, getting a contribution test, and a compression test. He also checked and said 2 injectors are bad. I am wanting to upgrade all of them to stage 1's or get the AC code injectors. Right now the truck is stock, but is going to leave the shop and go to the muffler shop and get 3"DP to 4" Straight pipes, 6637 kit, and a TW chip. I am stuck to what I should do. Get 2 reman stock injectors? Replace all 8 with stage 1's? I am a bit of a cheap arse and want to still have quality. What are yall's views on this.

Cody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

at rosewood diesel i think you can send in your injectors and have them rebuilt to stock or to 160cc stage ones for the same price but im not 100% sure
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM

I have looked into that a little. Approx how long has it taken to get them back from personal experiences, and was the job quality?

Cody
Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 PM

couldnt tell you lol im sure someone else chimes in
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mike 08spartan250 had his done to stage 1's at rosewood and he likes them, and wish he would have done the stage 2's I think I said his were still good when he sent them and only paid like $600 or so for all 8 to get rebuilt. Good luck with your choice tho, rosewood would probably be the cheapest for you.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Mike 08spartan250 had his done to stage 1's at rosewood and he likes them, and wish he would have done the stage 2's I think I said his were still good when he sent them and only paid like $600 or so for all 8 to get rebuilt. Good luck with your choice tho, rosewood would probably be the cheapest for you.
$600? Did he get the rebuild without new tungsten coated parts? I just looked on their page as I'm getting ready to do new sticks, and it looks like their prices have gone up a bit... I seem to remember the stock/stage1 rebuild being $1100.

Aside from 17* HPOP and appropriate tunes, what kind of reliability mods have to be done in order to keep the stage 2 power from messing up other stuff? Can one expect crap fuel economy with a set of stage 2's?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine were badly worn after 284K miles. I sent them monday, He got them wednesday, sent them back thursday, and I got them saturday. He replaced all 8 plungers and barrels and 1 nozzle. I had stage ones that worked like they were supposed to, in 5 days, for $925.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 PM

Aside from exhuast and filter gauges are a must for any power upgrade. With stage 2's an intercooler and turbo would definitely be preffered. do you have a auto or a stick shift? Built tranny or new clutch may be in order with 2s. If I were you I'd get the stage 2's (while you've already paid for the labor to get them installed) and if you can't afford intercooler and turbo I'd get the chip turned way down on them like till they're 1s. Then get it reburnt once you've got the other mods
Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
To keep stage 2's happy as far as engine goes you should do hpop, probably bigger than 17* like the stealth, or something similar so it can feed more oil to those sticks, and valve springs and head studs wouldn't hurt either, this is stuff recommended to my by cary over at ct performance for big upgrades, as well as a turbo and intercooler, BTW 08spartan250 has a thread on a group buy for an intercooler pipe kit, pretty good rate too, good luck with what ever you choose tho.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Well, I took the cheap way out. I found a guy with stock injectors that have 12k miles on them for 500 bucks on craigslist. Talked him down to 300 and ordered new o rings for 50 bucks from the auto parts place in town. He claims they work well and he just upgraded to Stage 1's so he didn't need them. I figure at least I will have a backup set, and for the money I think I am in a safe zone. Talked to Jim at Rosewood and he said almost all 7.3's with over 200k miles need new plunger and barrel + tips and that is 1250 bucks. Dont wanna spend that. Wish me luck, I hope they work haha We will know this week!

Cody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.