Upgrade questions!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Upgrade questions!!

So i have a 1995 f250 (soon with a d60 in the front!) psd. i have exhaust for it and i am looking at intake and programmer. To me it seems a little bit crazy to buy an afe setup when a backyard mechanic can make one himself.. so i will be going the DIY route for the intake im thinking unless someone has a horror story to tell me. what should i do for a chip or programmer? the edge evolution looks good but i hear that all settings under 75hp are pointless. is that true?are their NO GAINS under 75hp? what is another good programmer or chip? also what will chipping it do to the injectors? i plan on keeping stock injectors (eventually upgrade but not for quite a while) any input will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
stay away from edge you need to go with some custom tuning from someone. someone will stop by with more info as im a 6.0 guy but i know edge is def not your best bet.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

DP Tuner for the 7.3 work really well and are custom tuned to your truck. I've had 2.
Diesel tuning products for Ford PowerStroke
PHP Diesel also does custom tuning for the 7.3.
Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER!
Check them both out, either way, you will get most out of your truck this way.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get a chip !! programers suck!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 AM

put the edge in my 97psd and it was very bad. shifted horrible. and no power increase but alot of smoke. then put it in my buddys 01 and it ran pretty good so idk. deff save your money and get a custom tuned chip. for an intake i bought a tymar im very happy with.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:07 AM

ill be doing custom tunes from TDP on mine, ive run an edge on it for giggles on the race setting before and i liked it, it made decent power but the tune was crappy, it smoked a lot even when i didnt step on it and i would feel no difference when accelerating from a stop but then hit 10 mph aand it would like instantly go to 3/4 throttle even if i didnt put my foot in it. i also hear the edge screws trannys up pretty quick
Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the input. my buddy who thinks he knows something say smarty chips are good on powerstrokes. havent seen to much about smarty chips and he own a dodge so that tells you how much he knows! love the cummins.. HATE the dodge aspect!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have actually run the edge evolution, it has a very substantial gain in any of the 3 settings it has (race, tow, extreme) and it works very well and yes regardless lots of smoke, but if you run an automatic it will increase trans temp dramatically, as in I run at about 200-210 on race, I run under 170 without it, I vote in favor of the custom tuning if your an automatic man, and what ever if you wanna kill it quik to get a hand shaker, although I ran my edge on 2 different trucks both 97 both psd, one was cali model other was not, I sold it and am soon getting tw tunes, runs just over $400 but way better on your trans than the edge. Good luck tho.

You mentioned you have exhaust, do you have a down pipe as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.