Anyone have experience with the 215A alternators? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to OnTheBio
Anyone have experience with the 215A alternators?

I've been researching this for weeks now and I'm very interesting in doing this mod.

I'm reading some that say it bolts right in, some say minor grinding, others say it's nothing the same. I've also read it only works on 1997 f-350's. I never fully believe anything I read, instead I come here and ask for yay and nay opinions.

Does anyone have any experience, hints, tips, links, info that would be useful to know before starting this?

I'm looking for a couple really good write ups but searched all (literally - all 30 of them hahaha) of the 7.3 "tech files" and surprisingly didn't come across anything in there. Only thing I have is from other diesel forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Got a pik of it? And I just left Atlanta Sunday lol, what is it from that you are trying to run it from?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Got a pik of it? And I just left Atlanta Sunday lol, what is it from that you are trying to run it from?
Here's a few pics that I have bookmarked and a thread that explains it pretty well but there's a few other questions I have.

Ford 215A alternator pictures from trucks photos on webshots

Here's the link I got that off (hope it's ok to post another forum here), 215A alternator ....Done w/pics - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

I was hoping someone here has done it. I'm putting about 1000W of lights on my truck and running one of these bad boys ( 6000 Watt Power Inverter by PowerBright - DonRowe.com ) so I can power most of my slide in camper (long story but don't want to use the generator for fuel reasons).

At first I was thinking of doing a dual alternator set up until I stumbled (literally) across this great idea.

Edit - Georgia's great id'n it? I don't like being west of the Mississippi or north of the Mason Dixon for too long at a time. xD
Old 10-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ambulance Alternator upgrade
Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
You are good, sir. I spent a lot of time looking around this forum for something like that. It's hard to navigate through all the ads and other bandwidth eaters.

Taken from the link you provided:

Buy Worldwide Alternator - 215 Amps 13370 at Advance Auto Parts

80$ off for Advance's birthday week... And free shipping. I just got sucked in. ^^

I'll keep you guys updated on how this goes.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 AM

Good luck, sounds like something I mite have to check out too, keep us posted, and how close to kennesaw are you?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Good luck, sounds like something I mite have to check out too, keep us posted, and how close to kennesaw are you?
I'm about 30 minutes away or so. Me and Kennesaw have a love/hate relationship. I love all the college girls but I hate all the traffic.

I will keep you guys updated, maybe if I can find a camera I might do a walk-through w/ pics. Two week vacation starts tomorrow so don't count on anything happening soon hahaha.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:29 AM

Well if a 2 week vacation starts tomorrow then that means 3 days of party, the rest of the time is to get stuff done, unless your like me and procrastinate till the bitter end
Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

No offense, but GA was the biggest pile of **** state I've ever visited. And more specifically, atlanta was the the biggest pile of **** city I've ever been to.

Oh, and to the guy who got suckered into buying an alternator from autozone, good luck making it last longer than 3-6mos. I will never buy an alternator or starter from autozone/advanced ever again. Bad luck with every single one of them.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85_305 View Post
No offense, but GA was the biggest pile of **** state I've ever visited. And more specifically, atlanta was the the biggest pile of **** city I've ever been to.

Oh, and to the guy who got suckered into buying an alternator from autozone, good luck making it last longer than 3-6mos. I will never buy an alternator or starter from autozone/advanced ever again. Bad luck with every single one of them.
Well no offense to you, but I have yet to find a thing I liked about north Carolina when I lived there for 4 years, thank god for weekends when every single time I left the state for stuff to do,

And I have an auto zone alt on my f150, its a 200 amp, works perfect and has a lifetime warrenty, I would definatly buy another from them kause I've never had issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.