Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anuone got a aux idle control?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  superduty4x4 
#1 ·
Anyone out there got a aux idle control? Id like one for my truck

#7 ·
higher like if you were running a winch, operating lights (police/EMS/FIRE), or just to help heat up motor on cold days.

you dont really want to go too much lower than the stock idle

#8 ·
I want one. Once
U set it will it
Stay that way like whennu start it?

Sent from my Autoguide Android Diesel App.

#11 ·
I've had the same AIC module in my last 3 trucks. It is a handy tool to have, but I like it a lot better in an auto trans equipped truck. Reason being is you can set it to automatically increase the idle speed when all the requirements for the AIC are met (truck in park, e brake set, no brake and no throttle). In a manual truck this option isn't available. I want to look into making a "fooler" to trick the AIC into thinking my truck is an auto and in park, but I haven't had time to look into it yet. It's probably as simple as jumping a couple wires on one of the steering column plugs.
Anywho, I also have mine setup with a toggle switch that I flip to trigger the brake light in the dash, so I don't have to actually set the e-brake. Much handier in an auto truck than a manual, but I already had it so I set it up in my 97. The little "sensor" on the e-brake that triggers the light is a cheesy little POS anyway and a little bit of of dust or grime on it can keep it from working properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.