TS performance chip? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TS performance chip?

So I am new here. Is this chip any good? does it do anything for the transmission shifts? I have a heavy camper and want to also tow my trailer behind me. but when not towing i want to be able to play. I am i better off with a hypertech because i know it has the shift point help or???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i would go with a dp tuner their tow tunes are sweet and their transmission tunes are also sweet. i do not like the ts chips tunes i think they suck. if you get a ts chip you should get custom tunes for it. but the dp tuner also has some sweet power tune you can get it from Dennis at itp diesel.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:09 PM

looking for some insight here. explain why they suck. or why others are better, does the ts chip adjust the tranny??
Old 08-12-2007, 10:12 PM
PIPE HITTER

TS is about the most in use off the shelf chip here. While not custom tunes, they DO make some power, a few folks complain from time to time about the shift ponts or hash shifting, but more often than not folks really seem to like it.

There are a ton of option available from our vendors, it depends on what it is exactly your looking for. Hit up our vendors and they can steer you in the right direction.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:18 PM

on e-bay they have there chip and you get an intake for 380 bucks and free shipping. i was looking to get either a farmboy or mrbp exhaust and call it good. as the truck has 274k on it and i dont want to keep it forever.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:24 PM
PIPE HITTER

Careful with the ebay deal, TS will not warranty ebay chips, only from authorized dealers.

To answer your question about the tranny and the TS, yes the TS does significantly bump up line pressure on the higher HP settings, 140 is pretty brutal. Shifts are in general firmer than stock all the way accross the board with the TS, at least on my truck anyway, 50 and 75HP should be safe for towing, I assume you have exhaust and gauges already?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:29 PM

no, as posted in above reply i am looking at farmboy or mrbp. i am looking for cheapest all the way across the board as the truck cant be worth much with that many miles on her, plus i want to replace it soon someday
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
PIPE HITTER

Either one of those exhausts are good values. Gauges are going to be a must with any chip or programmer.

TS is a good choice, and again many other options, but just steer clear of the ebay thing. Depending on you next rig, you may could have the chip reprogrammed to work with you r next truck, for far less than something new would cost.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ts trans programs are not good the shifting on them is not firm its harsh it frekin slams into gear and for a little more money you can have far superior tunes.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 AM

and the far better tuners are? does the ts shift bad in all hp settings or just the high ones? what is your guy's take on the hypertech?

Last edited by IB14A69; 08-13-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.