Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lucas Transmission Additive

13K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  mjonesjr 
#1 ·
Anyone ever ran the Lucas transmission additive in their OBS automatic?

If so, what was your reason for putting it in and how did it perform?

#5 ·
I put it in mine. I thought I was having tranny issues because it felt like it was slipping but it turned out to be my cps. But it hasnt hurt anything yet.

#6 ·
I put it in mine. Seems to help heat a bit.

#9 ·
Confused me! :dunno: A cooler trans is a happy trans.
Obviously I wasn't clear enough.

It seems to have helped keep the temps down a bit.

#11 ·
Mine wasn't slipping; it was leaking out of a dry rotted front seal. When I would heat the transmission up to roughly 200*, it would leak. Since I have added the Lucas, it has been great. No leaks and the temps are a lower.

#12 ·
thats too hot for your tranny.
It slipping was causing the internals to heat up and cook your tranny, fluids gotta go somewhere. I once heated up my tranny during a photoshoop very badly(burried past 280* on the gauge) and it was leaking from the front, input seal i assume and literally drained about 3.5Litres of ATF out the inspection cover.
Dont Do that.
Anyways, let it cool down, topped it up drove it a few miles back to the farm, flushed it, new filter and added lucas again; i have put roughly 17xxxkm since then and its holding up but on its last legs of life.

#13 ·
I know that is too hot for the transmission. That was towing on a very hilly highway for about 30 miles and before I added the 30,000# GVW cooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.