Fuel pump problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 4,207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel pump problem

I have a buddy that just swapped a reman motor in his truck. The stock fuel pump was working fine in his old motor and now wont pump push fuel at all. They hooked up an electric pump and it fired right up. They dont believe the pump to be bad. Maybe there is an air leak...

Anyway, here it the though that crossed his mind; being a reman, could it have a cam in there with no lobe for the fuel pump? the SD wouldnt need it. I dont see why Ford would have bothered to change it. But it was a thought.

You guys ever seen or heard of a cam of this nature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riverside/Norco, Ca
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i dont see why they would it sounds possible.. and DOH i just saw you totalled your truck what happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cumberland Furnace, TN
Posts: 9,873
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridiculously_necessary View Post
I have a buddy that just swapped a reman motor in his truck. The stock fuel pump was working fine in his old motor and now wont pump push fuel at all. They hooked up an electric pump and it fired right up. They dont believe the pump to be bad. Maybe there is an air leak...

Anyway, here it the though that crossed his mind; being a reman, could it have a cam in there with no lobe for the fuel pump? the SD wouldnt need it. I dont see why Ford would have bothered to change it. But it was a thought.

You guys ever seen or heard of a cam of this nature?
So, your buddy with an OBS swapped in a reman engine, and it won't start with the mech pump, but will with an electric pump? I'd almost guarantee that it don't have the cam lobe for the pump.

Where'd he get the reman? They stopped that lobe 99.5, but I'd be really concerned about what rods I got as well, since it appears they're just slappin parts into it without checking to make sure they got everything strait for the YM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Riverside/Norco, Ca
Posts: 3,771
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyrkr81 View Post
So, your buddy with an OBS swapped in a reman engine, and it won't start with the mech pump, but will with an electric pump? I'd almost guarantee that it don't have the cam lobe for the pump.

Where'd he get the reman? They stopped that lobe 99.5, but I'd be really concerned about what rods I got as well, since it appears they're just slappin parts into it without checking to make sure they got everything strait for the YM.
ford Reman's are all PMR's now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Coal Rolling = Posing

 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cumberland Furnace, TN
Posts: 9,873
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietoremain View Post
ford Reman's are all PMR's now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Electrical Ogre
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,529
Thanks: 29
Thanked 48 Times in 45 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tom is correct, the SD cams had the FP eccentric deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 4,207
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
great, thanks for the info guys! the motor came from blackwater

Dietoremain - Sadly, another OBS off the road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors