Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Napa 6637

5K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Mutley 
#1 ·
Opinions on this filter, pros cons, i have a K&n cleanable filter, which is better?

#2 ·
IMHO, the 6637 is a better filter for our trucks, the K&N Brand was originally designed as a racing filter.

#3 ·
heard k&n lets to much air through and dusting motors letting to much dirt and such through, just average mods and changes the 6637 will be perfect

#4 ·
sounds great, does the 6637 need any type of housing to sit in

#5 ·
nope you should be able to use your K&N tube too, just get rid of that motor dusting pos filter n toss it.

#7 ·
You can use the K&N tube and it works great! I had one layin around in a buddy's garage that he had taken off of his, it fits perfectly with my 6637! Go for it and never look back :thumb:

#9 ·
that was my next question, how long do they last, can i just knock the dust out and keep going for a little more, these filters are he same type that we use at a quarry on heavy equipment and they just blew the dust out with a air compressor and kept going, probably wouldn't do this to my truck. so a year is what people are getting out of the filter?

#10 ·
Depends on where you live and the conditions.

Up here in the rust belt we have road salt dust and all sorts of other nonsense (they're spraying the roads with some sort of liquid now...ain't nothing like the newfie shower you get from passing them). A year might be too long here but that's just how it worked out. Napa usually has sales on those filters so reckon it's time to see whazzup there.

#13 ·
I had a 6637 intake setup with a large K&N filter on it... the stupid filter collapsed on me. So I went back to the NAPA filter and would never do anything but again. It's definitely worth it

#20 ·
mine has the skidmark too.

#22 ·
thx for all the info

#23 ·
where is the cheapest people have found the filter

#25 ·
best i've found is riff raff at 29, has anyone found or does anyone use pre filters and where did they get them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.