Is your Powerstroke a 99, or 99.5? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Is your Powerstroke a 99, or 99.5?

Ok all you folks with 1999 Ford Powerstrokes, here is the scoop. If you look inside your door and it says that your build date is January of 1999, you most likely have a 1999.5. Almost all of the 1999 trucks built in 1998 are considered early 99's. I was told that in December of 98, some of them are early 99's and some are 99.5's.

This is important to know for most of you buying performance parts for your 1999 Ford Powerstroke. If the part is year specific, you will be asked if its an early or later 1999, more than likely.
minimaxx10, KS_ and strokersixo like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andy For This Useful Post:
BucOff (02-20-2014), KS_ (01-17-2014), mikegoslin09 (02-08-2014), mossyoak (09-28-2014), Teachagmech (06-04-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey lem, the cut off date for early and late 99 FSDs is 12/07/98. The day of the month can be found by runing the VIN on OASIS at a Ford dealer. Have a nice day. PSG
Old 07-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Vinyl Sticker Guy

Thanks for the info! That helps!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

disappearing oil

I have a 95 crew cab dually and love it but I have a major problem going on. I drove it 50 miles yesterday and 3 qts of oil disappeared. I say diisappeared because the truck following me didn't see any exhaust smoke, and there is no drippage on the ground. This engine has been doing this for a while but not this extreme. The engine runs very well and the truck exhibits no other issues. I have replaced the turbo but that appeared to make matters worse. I can't seem to find anyone in our rural area that can figure it out. Stop and go traffic makes it use more but pulling my 4 horse trailer fully loaded does not seem to change anything other than mileage. The truck is in excellent condition and since I own it I would like to find a solution. Thanks in advance for all your help. Dianne in New Mexico
Old 09-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's burning the oil as fuel. Blow by on the piston rings creates positive pressure in the crank case. This will cause oil to be sprayed out the crank case vent and into the intake. Since diesels are designed to burn oil, you get clean combustion of the motor oil (you probably get a little extra power and build a little more turbo pressure). On a gas engine, you'd have a choking blue cloud of smoke behind you.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Disappearing oil

Thanks for the reply. Right now my mechanic is replacing the ORings on the injectors, that's what the Ford garage said, unfortunately your reply makes a lot more sense than their's. I also have a 96 Powerstroke, and it has about 80,000 miles on it's second engine, 343,000 overall miles. It has a problem with the diesel fuel in the water. They tell me that that is the fuel line in the head. What do you think? I am about to sell both of these and give up on powerstrokes, I don't suppose you know of a good place on the internet to post them? Thanks again, Dianne
Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Re: Automatic Belt Tensioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Ok all you folks with 1999 Ford Powerstrokes, here is the scoop. If you look inside your door and it says that your build date is January of 1999, you most likely have a 1999.5. Almost all of the 1999 trucks built in 1998 are considered early 99's. I was told that in December of 98, some of them are early 99's and some are 99.5's.

This is important to know for most of you buying performance parts for your 1999 Ford Powerstroke. If the part is year specific, you will be asked if its an early or later 1999, more than likely.
Yes they are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF-FD-NJ View Post
Yes they are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Way to bring back a dead thread that never belonged in this forum in the first place...
Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow this thread is older than 05+ axle swaps lol
Old 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Time is an illusion; lunchtime doubly so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.