gettin a 95 powerstroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gettin a 95 powerstroke

alright I found a 95 powerstroke around my area, its 4x4, and an automatic, it has 216,000 miles, extended cab, long bed, he said only problems are that he lost the key and he starts it an alternate way. First off to fix this could I just get a new key and tumbler?

but now heres what he wants for it, I have been wantin somethin 4 wheel drive, that has a back seat and is roomy, thats kinda fast, and gets decent gas mileage, least high teens or so.

now my only answer for this is a diesel truck, besides that im obsessed with them, this truck would be my Daily Driver now obviously gas prices are going up so diesel will be ever more, Id start by gettin a bigger downpipe and straight piping the truck with 4 or 5" as well as getting an intake and a chip.

He wants to trade for my 1998 cavalier, its a good little car that gets good gas mpg, but he also wants $2000 on top
Do you guys think this is worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if you dont want it ill take it
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 PM

do you have pics of both your cavalier and the powerstroke and whats the info on your car i just got a 95 powerstroke 2 weeks ago i traded straight up my 35 ford pickup for it
Old 03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no pics sorry, their on my phone, and Im tryin to figure out how to upload them lol, and my cavalier has 152,000 miles, 5 speed, I just put in a used tranny about 2 weeks ago, the old one went out, its got a cold air intake, tinted windows, aftermarket wheels, and a aftermarket cd player, interior is clean except driver seat has a tear, it drives good, but will need tires soon, blinkers dont work. windshield is cracked

truck is just white, stock, just a single crack on the windshield, and a dent on the wheel well, I havent looked at it in person yet he was asking $5000

forgot to say my cavaliers driver side front fender is a different color than the car, the car is a ocean green, the fender is a sparkly baby blue lol, and the bumper is black, its just the way I got it, I purchased it for 1600, and have put about 400 in it with the intake and the tranny. cuz I did it myself

Last edited by jamesh23; 03-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM

i mean i really wanted my truck so i did my deal i had 3800 in my truck and he wanted 4500 i threw in another project i had into it the deal i only had 200 bucks in it so if the truck is really what you want and it seems good and you drive it and fall in love with it go for it but always try to get him down more of course try to kjnock down that 2k
Old 03-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well at first he said the car and $2500, I offered car and 1500 he said absolutely no way. So I offered 2000 and he agree, so maybe I can get him down a few more hundred, we will see, im gonna go check it out friday, and drive it.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM

yea try to do much as you can to sweetin the deal for yourself always
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

the truck is definately worth it than? The first time I rode in my buddies 97 I fell in love, I can also get access to stacks and semi turbos pretty easily if I could make those work lol. But anythin else you guys got to say about the truck?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:42 AM

sounds like a good truck just check to motor and trans out real good i love my 95 my truck has 230k on it but couldnt tell it mostly all hwy miles just the guy put a new engine and tranny in it
Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM

what could you do and look for when checking out the motor real good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.