Good Price - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good Price

There is a used car lot here in town that is selling a 95 F350 Dually Crewcab longbed. It has 130000 miles, auto tranny, minor rust behind both front tires, running boards, visor, power windows and locks, power slider rear window, 5th wheel mounts in bed, goose-neck hitch, minor rust in front and behind the rear fenders, electric brake controller, and brush guard.
They want 6595 for it. What I want to know is if this is fair, and how low I might be able to get them. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Given the rust issues (replacement fenders allow +/- $500 w/paint) I would start around $5000 cash in hand and see where it goes. Just one CC owner's viewpoint. I'm sure you'll get many more.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Another thought. At about 130,000 miles what maintenance will it need? Any suspension parts that will need replaced?
Also, what things will I need to check engine wise? I know about checking the oil for diesel, and watching the smoke on startup. What else do I need?
Old 02-28-2011, 05:51 AM

dependign onhow cold it is where you live, try for a cold soak start. see how well it does. check the airbox for plastic screws (top of the box). the plastic screws were a recall. they allowed for engine dustng. also check the trubo compressor finds for chips, and check to see if there is play in the turbo shaft, give it a wiggle and see how close it comes to touching the housing. check for leaks and post them here.

at 130k with a goose-neck, have the tranny check by a trusted mechanic.with goose-neck sized loads these things often need a larger tranny cooler than stock.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Please excuse the n00b question, but what is dusting? new to the turbo and diesel world. My dad has a 97 F250 with the plastic screws still on the air cleaner I think.
Is there any way to easily check the tranny without taking it into a mechanic? Thanks for the input! I hope to go over tomorrow and take a good look & test drive
Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 AM

Dusting is fine dust getting thru the air cleaner and into the engine. Stock airboxes don't always seal well and you'd do well to convert to the 6637 air intake or the several other systems out there. G/L with your decision.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just sent an email to them. Here are the pictures of the truck 1995 Ford F350 - DAN'S AUTO SALES Newark, OH
I offered 5250 cash if the engine and tranny check out fine since it needs a lil bit of TLC
Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 AM

wow, another clean truck! again, check the airbox, and take soem toosl to check the turbo, a ratchet set and nut drivers should get you by...

the only way i can think of to check the tranny is check the fluid color. outside that a mechanic would have to take a look.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I know! Its an amazing find if you ask me!
I think for the price, I will just check the tranny fluid. I will probably put a built tranny in her when I get the money!
The only cleaner truck in the town is my dads. Its a 97 F250HD with 86000 miles. Hes the only owner. There is absolutely NO rust on it. NONE
Not to bad for the salt belt
Old 03-01-2011, 06:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Notice the ad says $6,995 and the truck is $6,595 so it seems that they are already starting to drop the price. My guess would be 5,500-6,000. depending on the running gear.

Any maintenance records? Is there a oil change sticker on the door jamb that may show where it was serviced? Take a good look at the engine, is it clean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.