Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Motor no start

992 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Spunky 
#1 ·
Hi guys I know that this is the wrong spot for this but more people at this section then others. So I went to the park with the dog and after he was tired went to leave and the truck would not start. Nothing no started click nothing. I have no idea what it is. I have checked all fuses and relays. Tried tapping starter when key turned over and still nothing Any ideas would be great thank u.

#2 ·
bad or corroded ground? battery connections tight?

#8 ·
ok simple, the wire that runs from the starter solenoid down to the solenoid on the starter is broken. its about a 16 gauge wire. OR the connection on the main power wire is bad but if its bad you would hear a distinctive click

#10 ·
hey guys so look like it was a ground problem. I ended up cleaning all the grounds i could fined and would try after i cleaned each one to see which ground it was. tunred out it was the ground on the solenoid. after filing some rust off the connection she fired right back up yea!!! thanks so much guys for all the pointers :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.