OBS Flame Free Zone, Noob Questions are Welcome here - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 5751 Old 01-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks, IM going to order one. I changed out the water pump at 125K miles and I put the OEM Ford stat in at that time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 XLT 6.7 CC LWB SRW
11,500 GVW FX4 Off Road, Camper, & Prem XLT Options
2012 Montana Mountaineer 326 5th Wheel

SOLD and Missed
1997 F350 XLT 7.3 Liter Power Stroke
Reg Cab 4X4 Off Road Pkge
5 spd Manual with South Bend Clutch Upgrade
AFE Stage 2
Diamond Eye 3" Down Pipe 4" Exhaust Cat Delete
TW Tunes
WARN Winch
Original Owner 179,000 Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 5751 Old 01-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to steve-0
question to you ppl.
is it possible to make the rear doors on the crew cab open wider. you know how like the newer (04+) dodge quad cabs the rear doors are opens 90` is it possible for our doors to do that or will the front doors hit the rear doors when fully open?

89 mitsu mighty max 5.3 vortec swap in progress
95 f350 cclb dually, auto, 366k miles, 2wd, PSD
post #23 of 5751 Old 01-23-2011, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Rangers Lead The Way!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
im sure it can be done but you would have to modify the hinge. Have a look at the stops on them and see if they have an actual stopper or if its just a metal on metal hitting point, cause metal on metal can be kinda massaged to open more

Trucks and parts............

post #24 of 5751 Old 01-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i was actualy gonna get the hinges from an 04 dodge 3500 and see if those works.

post #25 of 5751 Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 AM

okay im seeing many threads on the exhaust backpressure valve. Where is it located? what does it do? what are the advantages and disadvantages of taking it out? I guess id just like more information on it. Thanks in advance!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Conner

1997 F-250 Long Bed Extended Cab
--7.3 Powerstroke E40D Auto
--4.10 Rear End
--280,000 Miles

-Napa 6637 DIY CAI
-3 inch DP, 5 inch under truck, 6 inch Mitre!!

-2nd gen Wicked Wheel from Dieselsite
-Tony Wildman 6 Position Chip
Broke College Kid Mod

Now residing in LARAMIE, WY for school at the University of Wyoming! Hit me up if youre around, I'm always down for a hot rodding adventure

"Never cut what you can untie"
--Buckaroo Proverb
post #26 of 5751 Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Rangers Lead The Way!

ok the exhaust back pressure valve is located on the exhaust side of the turbo. its what the down pipe actually clamps to and is held onto the turbo by three 12 point 8mm bolts. what it does is when the truck is cold (based on outside air temp and EOT/ECT) it will close placing a load on the motor so it will warm up faster. If it works properly then its a nice feature but they are known to go bad and just randomly close when driving almost choking the motor. A lot of guys who tow have made them into exhaust brakes and they work well. The idea of deleting it goes off the theory of A) its not working properly so why have it? B) the exhaust exits the turbine spinning and flows well, then makes half a turn and hits that EBPV and gets all messed up. To further this point on trucks with it deleted you can actually see a swirl to the exhaust when they blow a little smoke. It also creates more turbo noise

post #27 of 5751 Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 AM

okay thanks my areas warm in the summer but it can get real cold here in the winter so i guess ill just leave mine on as long as it works right. Thanks a bunch that was a great explanation

-Conner

1997 F-250 Long Bed Extended Cab
--7.3 Powerstroke E40D Auto
--4.10 Rear End
--280,000 Miles

-Napa 6637 DIY CAI
-3 inch DP, 5 inch under truck, 6 inch Mitre!!

-2nd gen Wicked Wheel from Dieselsite
-Tony Wildman 6 Position Chip
Broke College Kid Mod

Now residing in LARAMIE, WY for school at the University of Wyoming! Hit me up if youre around, I'm always down for a hot rodding adventure

"Never cut what you can untie"
--Buckaroo Proverb
post #28 of 5751 Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Rangers Lead The Way!

No problem, Also a side note on them. If your chip has a high idle feature that can eliminate the need for the EBPV

post #29 of 5751 Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

anybody kno where i can get the banjo bolt copper washer's that are on the fuel system in the valley pan?
cause im having this hella fuel leak and the truck hasnt been running in over 3 weeks. idk if its building pressure in the tank since it gets cold---hot here in texas (screwy weather here)
it appears that the guy before me had replaced the hoses but i think im going to do that over again and make sure all the lines are tight. i just cant pin point the leak since its just basicaly a pool in the valley pan there.

post #30 of 5751 Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok I have a question. I have a 97 F350 with the 4:10 rear end! It is an auto 4x4 and I am wondering what front end I have on my truck or what front ends they put on the OBS trucks. D60? I dont know much about the front and rear ends. Also what is and what does the master/slave cylinder do for a manual truck (I think it has to do something with the clutch pedal assembly?)?

(Sold) 97 F-350 Reg Cab long box 4X4 Auto 111K Miles!
4 inch lift, DIY 6637 Air Intake, 35 inch BFGoodrich All Terrains, 3 gauge pillar with boost, EGT, Trans temp, Smoked Clearance lights, DP to 4 inch pipe with 5 inch mitre stack, 6 Pos chip with TW tunes (love them!).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
obs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode