I want to extend a huge thanks to Cary from CT Performance, without his help and knowledge I would have never gotten this done!
But, here are some photos from the 06 axle swap we did over the weekend of November 20th, with a few guys from here.
Had to remove the TTB first!
Wheeled the new axle underneath to get a visual!
Needed to do some cleaning and clearancing.
After we drilled 20 - 1/2" holes and did some measuring we got it bolted on.
Then it was time for a custom track bar mount to get made and moutned.
Front end is finally mostly done, and without the track bar on, we thought it was gonna fall over
Time for the track bar!
Jake working on the rear end!
Everything is in!
Brake lines came Monday... a little late, but they got here
Ready to leave the garage!
Then it was cleanup time... I must have cleaned the garage with my girlfriend (shes awesome) three times, it looked like a bomb went off in there lol
All of the bushing on the front of the truck were shot, the shackle bushings were touching the shackle, the rubber was almost completely gone. The leafs had also shifted from too much movement, and actually were FLAT when we took them out. I think the truck was keeping them arched a little
But the truck rides amazingly, and turns very tight too. I need to do a little more work on the brakes, I think I still have air in the line, more than likely in the distribution block
Ill be upgrading to a hydroboost setup soon, after I pay some of the bills off I made doing this swap, so that will help too.
I need to have my driveshaft either shortened, or get a whole new one made, cause its a tad too long. I also need to get a tapered shim for the rear blocks, I believe they are tapered a bit much, and is causing a bad pinion angle.
Other than that, Everything is perfectly fine, no rubbing, or grinding etc. Im VERY happy with the swap!