Remote start/keyless entry - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Strokeorcroak Send a message via Yahoo to Strokeorcroak
Remote start/keyless entry

Alright ive been wanting it for awhile and decided i will buy it for myself for christmas....

Whats everyone using for remote start and keyless entry systems??

Links help as well as info. Clifford is about the only one ive done much research on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a CompuStar.

I have this one in my truck. Its been there for 3 years, and works flawlessly.
RF-1WG5-900SH | 1 Way Remote Kit | Remote Starts and Alarms | Compustar.com

This is whats in the wifes Jeep
RF-P2W9000-SS | 2 Way LCD Remote Kit | Remote Starts and Alarms | Compustar.com

Both are diesel ready. You can put them in yourself in an OBS without a ton of knowledge about electronics. I tapped into the injector wiring for my "Tach" signal wire cause the wire behind the cluster wasn't strong enough for the brain to read.

They have all the good features, such as "Anti-grind" for the starter, locks and unlocks the doors. I don't use the turbo timer feature, but it can be hooked up easily. I just press the start button on the truck while it is running, and after a few seconds, the lights on the truck come on, and it runs for up to 25 minutes or until I shut off the truck with the remote.

Oh, and the customer service is very good. If you run into a problem, they are very good about helping you figure it out over the phone.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Strokeorcroak Send a message via Yahoo to Strokeorcroak
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittonracing View Post
I have a CompuStar.

I have this one in my truck. Its been there for 3 years, and works flawlessly.
RF-1WG5-900SH | 1 Way Remote Kit | Remote Starts and Alarms | Compustar.com

This is whats in the wifes Jeep
RF-P2W9000-SS | 2 Way LCD Remote Kit | Remote Starts and Alarms | Compustar.com

Both are diesel ready. You can put them in yourself in an OBS without a ton of knowledge about electronics. I tapped into the injector wiring for my "Tach" signal wire cause the wire behind the cluster wasn't strong enough for the brain to read.

They have all the good features, such as "Anti-grind" for the starter, locks and unlocks the doors. I don't use the turbo timer feature, but it can be hooked up easily. I just press the start button on the truck while it is running, and after a few seconds, the lights on the truck come on, and it runs for up to 25 minutes or until I shut off the truck with the remote.

Oh, and the customer service is very good. If you run into a problem, they are very good about helping you figure it out over the phone.
awesome thank you!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:03 PM

I use marksman
Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM

ive got a clifford on my 05 and it works good for me.......beats the heck out of running out to my truck in my boxers at 6 a.m. to fire it up i know that (i'm sure my neighbors are glad for it too)
Old 11-24-2010, 02:13 PM
riddin' high

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dasaliac03 Send a message via Skype™ to Dasaliac03
Mine is Avital.....love it!

came with 2 2-way remotes and a regular remote

i use it for keyless entry, alarm, remote start(yea, with my 6 speed ) and turbo cool down timer
Old 11-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Interior Guru

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have Crimestopper's on my trucks.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasaliac03 View Post
Mine is Avital.....love it!

came with 2 2-way remotes and a regular remote

i use it for keyless entry, alarm, remote start(yea, with my 6 speed ) and turbo cool down timer
With the 6 speed... do you just leave the truck in neutral? Or is there some kind of clutch over-ride?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Electrical Ogre

Ever look at Viper? They have a huge selection, some include an alarm system as well.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:43 AM
To Many Projects

I used to install at a buddys shop part time. The clifford and viper along with a few others are made buy DEI. clifford used to be one of the best befor this happend now after the problems came out more and more. Now he he installs th prestage by auotovox wich baring the name works quite well I still have one on the 96 and my wifes 01. The problems have been vere little. But do your self a favor don't buy the cheape one and expet it to last. One more thing when it is instaled hook to light for wait to start and don't just set timmer. When ford did my 08 at the deler they set the timer and in the summer when I start a little early for ac I haft to wait th 30second befor it starts. The 5 speed question You haft to get a stick compadable one wich the ones I have seen means Befor you get out you start the truck in nutreal set parking brake hit buton take key out truck get out and shut the door. The truck will still run hit lock doors on fob doors lock and truck shuts off if doors are opened for any reason you must repeat if its done right. I have seen after math of improper in stall with out the steps requried. The person in stalled regular one was showing it off at work started it in gear with no brake set or safety for it. The car started and drove in front of a nother car. Try explaing that to you angent and they would not cover it do to not having it instaled the right way. Any way just my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.