ccv mod? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ccv mod?

so i see all these things on the ccv mod. no i wonder to my self instead of going through the trouble of running a hose out back and down the truck into a catch can. wouldnt it just be easier to seal the dang ccv off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yaaaa..
If you do that, make sure you take pictures please.. lol!
The CCV is there for a reason, to vent the crank-case
You will have one of the leakiest trucks out there. There will be oil all over the place..
So to answer your question, no.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My truck started leaking from the valve covers when i just did the CCV. I just stuck it back into the turbo to have it be sucked outta the engine instead
Old 11-13-2010, 05:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just did this mod last week. Take the intake out and disconnect the the ccv elbow from it. It has a crimped clamp and it might just slide off or needs to be preyed.
Then you can just plug the hole on the intake elbow by using a cap. I put a bolt that fit nicely into the hole then used a small piece of 3/4in hose and used hose clamps. (Just block the best you can. Tape works good aswell lol). Next I took the doghouse off (two bolts) The o-rings were bad and distorted (had oil leaking between the doghouse and cc)... Order all 4 offline for around $4 or you could match them up.
So with the dog house turned around I took the old elbow and put a 3/4 coupling on it and then ran a 15 foot piece of 3/4 clear hose to about where the fuel tanks are.
The hose vents to the atmosphere... Catch cans really only held reduce the smoke.
Also when you mount the elbow off the doghouse at 45 degree angel and run the hose over the brake master cylinder. This prevents large amounts of oils to run down the hose and pool up in a low spot. Instead it will run back into the cc.
Use 3/4in hose. Clear is better so in case oil dose build up you can tell. Make sure there are no sharp bends etc... This hose cant be restricted at all.

Heres websites with pictures and a walkthrough
Welcome to guzzle's CCV mod web page
TikiWiki : CCV Modification for 7.3L

The catch can is up to you. Personally I like seeing the smoke floating around under my truck at a idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.