in a pickle....what should i do guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in a pickle....what should i do guys

so im in a pickle, my truck is dowm. i ordered a 17* hpop with 290kk miles on it but it is out of a running truck. its garenteed to work but my issue is is that i have had my dads truck for 3 weeks, its only a back up but my step moms turbo went out on her tdi and i have had my dads psd while mine has been sitting in my dads yard for 3 weeks without being touched. now the thing is is that i was gunna send out my hpop to joey to get it modded but thats another week of having my dads truck. but if i wait ill have a reliable hpop but if i dont wait my dad will have his truck back and ill have my truck and save money now but than again ill have to take it all apart to send it out again. also the tires on my dads truck ar bald so i have to find and pay some one 80-100$ to put tires on. so if i put my hpop in now ill save 200-300$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 04:02 PM

That is hard to read.So does your mom need to use your dads truck then? If that is the case get the HPOP in and get it running. If you have to pull it back out after you have a spare vehicle again to get it modded then so be it. They are easy enough to remove. If you do not want to wrench on the truck you might want to stop with the mods. The more you mod it the more you will have to work on it. JJ
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 PM

sorry been out of it lately. been working nights. well the plan from the start was to put my truck down for the winter to do a complete rebuild, and i have 2 87 vw golfs but both have messed up paper work. so as i was trying to get those on the road my truck died. so i had to use my dads truck, now they need it. so i think i will just put the pump in and rebuild it in a couple weeks once i get the vdub on the road. i plan on modded 17* stage 2s and a d66, but first is the front end work, suspension, tires, and i wanna get new hanesses for all the motor stuff. i love working on my truck, just the winters out here in the redwoods are cold and wet so its a pain in the butt.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
just put it in and send out your old one to be modded.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c69ss396 View Post
just put it in and send out your old one to be modded.
my old one is a 15*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.