Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Do I have an exhaust leak in the turbo area

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  indyhog 
#1 ·
I want to put in a downpipe this weekend and if there is a exhaust leak some where i want to take care of that as well. I think this beacuse the back of my firewall is real dirty and really I did not think much of this until I saw a buddies SD which was spotless. Plus I have seen a post about this sometime ago. So here are a few pics. What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
looks like either the down pipe clamp or the exhaust back pressure valve butterfly is leaking to me.you can gut the ebpv and also take out the butterfly valve and plug the holes to eliminate this problem.search more threads on it and check the tech articles.goodluck>>>brian

#3 ·
97powerstroker is right the V band clamp and the butterfly port is leaking ethier gut the butterfly or delete it and pick up a new band clamp. when you do that take sand paper ( i used a wire wheel) and prep the surface of the turbo and the DP to insure a good seal. Best time to do that is when you replace that DP with a 3" one :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.