Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

best glowplugs you can buy?

3K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  BOB1997 
#1 ·
i need glowplugs soon whats the best i can get for my money

#4 ·
look on ebay for OEM motorcraft plugs

#7 ·
the dealer will be alot more than ebay the ebay ones look for a set of 8 new they are on there alot

#9 ·
ford wanted $200 from me. i got my OEM Motorctaft ZD11's on ebay, new for $60 last weekend. generally i see them on there for about $80. easy way to stay away from autolites... search the following terms on ebay... motorcraft zd11 -autolite or zd11 glow -autolite

#11 ·
what did they charge your out of curiosity?

#17 ·
THANKS!!! new to the forum thing.... where can i find the # for a 97? that pic has 1 to many relays for me (haha) the old one looks right but not the new. i looked up stancor on other sites and i cant cross over the oem #

#19 ·
Thanks! i read the 903 will hold up a little better, but it's a 15 volt relay. I dont think the magnet inside will pull closed as hard with less than 15 volts. any thoughts? i see u got 300+ miles, thats promising, just bought mine with 112,000. any advice for longivety (sp?)

#20 ·
Just use the one that is in the mod thread.
Change oil. Filters. Add filters.
Honestly, I've only been modding for the last 50k or so. Up to that was all stock.

#21 ·
yea filters,filters,filters. love the fass/air dog thing. lookin into the whole small micron oil filters thing but concerned about flow issues with that.

#23 ·
not yet, aint sure if im going fass or air dog. gonna try it in my dodge first, waiting till lift pump takes a crap which shouldnt be long, they r known for that. i need to get a gauge going so i can monitor pressure, then get into one of them. no lift pressure will destroy an injection pump in a hurry. so as soon i start to see pressure drop i'll take the plunge

#24 ·
Well Fords are different. No "lift" pump. It's just one pump, in the valley. Mechanical. It's best to switch over to Super Duty electric fuel pump. Then farther on, you can do a DIY fuel system. Dual filters, one pre pump 10 micron water separator. Then a post pump 2 micron final filter. Dual pumps in the middle. If you want. But that's after quite a bit of stuff. I'd say instead of your FASS or whatever just run a SD elec pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.