Chit chat in MOD/Picture/Tech threads. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Chit chat in MOD/Picture/Tech threads.

Well, I don't know if this is my place to step in, or even if its any of my business..

I tried posting this once already but somehow messed it up! Well try again!

IMO all of the chit chat and side conversations are starting to become extremely detrimental to the amount of tech in this site. This is sparked by a few threads getting "derailed" and taken over by side conversations.

This is something that we cannot expect the MODS and ADMIN to fix on thier own. This is something that we can prevent and need to prevent!

This site has contributed everything to my knowledge and passion for the OBS trucks. I feel it is my and "our" part to keep the site clean and helpfull to others! lets do out part guys!

If I'm out of place let me know, I don't feel I am. I'm just a worried/concerned forum user!

Feel free to flame away. Lets help do our part and keep threads clean!

Thanks for reading,
Rant off!
Charlie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

IMO, a little here and there is OK, unless it's in the specified "chat" thread, where any shape or form of azzclownery is acceptable But otherwise, I agree with what you said.

Unacceptable amounts of chit-chat in any other type of thread should be punishable by
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine6stroker View Post
Unacceptable amounts of chit-chat in any other type of thread should be punishable by
Also people who don't follow this simple rule:

People who blurt out the first thing that comes to mind BEFORE they even fully read and comprehend what the OP is fixing/modding. ie Guys asking front end questions about their OBS dually and everybody assuming it is a 4x4.

Let's put the technical tourette's to rest. I have read threads were members (some of which are allegedly "techs") are replying with BS humor or misinformation. It makes me shake my head. That has to be frustrating for a newbie that is trying to learn something or just get their new found lawn ornament on the road again. Yes, the internet gives you some level of anonymity, but that shouldn't give you carte blanche to behave like an azzhat.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I see what your saying about tech stuff. but we have tech areas for that. a better portion of the threads on here are BS threads
Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3 View Post
Also people who don't follow this simple rule:

People who blurt out the first thing that comes to mind BEFORE they even fully read and comprehend what the OP is fixing/modding. ie Guys asking front end questions about their OBS dually and everybody assuming it is a 4x4.

Let's put the technical tourette's to rest. I have read threads were members (some of which are allegedly "techs") are replying with BS humor or misinformation. It makes me shake my head. That has to be frustrating for a newbie that is trying to learn something or just get their new found lawn ornament on the road again. Yes, the internet gives you some level of anonymity, but that shouldn't give you carte blanche to behave like an azzhat.

or fill this out
Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews

J/K, you knew someone would do something
Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck15 View Post
I see what your saying about tech stuff. but we have tech areas for that. a better portion of the threads on here are BS threads
I understand that most of the topics in the "gerneral discussion" area are bs threads.. Thats fine. I have no issues with designated bs threads. ****, this is a designated BS thread!..

Flat out the thread that brought this up is the "OBS Mod Show Off" thread. It had the potential to be one of the best threads on this forum, but if you look at it now, You have to go back 10-15 pages of bull**** just to find the last actual Mod... The first few pages are the only ones in the 70some pages that are worth a ****.

I'm not a hardcore mod guy, I haven't developed any new and amazing mods for the OBS or 7.3. But I am a guy passionate about these trucks as well as the internet in general.

I understand the workings of how forums work. I've moderated a few in the past and own one. Thats why I'm bringing this topic to the guys who can solve it. US!! We(myself included) need to keep the BS to the designated bs threads.. Enough derailing someones build thread by asking them what kind of beer they drank while working, and then making a 10 page beer thread. Enough clogging up a usefull thread to up out post count!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Banned

everyone needs to use the 40 post pages.....
Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Maybe PM a Mod or post this in the Ideas and Suggestions Forum. We all need to do a little house cleaning every now and then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.