f-350 blocks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
f-350 blocks

I have a 96 psd and want to give it a little lift nothing to crazy just enough for 35's (315). i was thinking 350 blocks out rear and an add a leaf in front. my question is where do i get 350 blocks? dealer,junk-yard.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 04:10 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Your truck should have a factory 2" block already and I am strongly against "stacking" blocks for more lift, they have a bad tendency of spiting out when the suspension cycles and I don't have to say how dangerous that is!! You would be better off going with an add a leaf in the rear also.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:12 PM

you can get brand new blocks and u-bolts from ford if you'd like, if not just buy 4 inch blocks from any online store, I have a 250, and my buddy has a 350, he wanted his lower and I wanted mine higher so I took his 4" and he took my 2" blocks n u-bolts.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Stack blocks=not cool. I knew this and still did it for a while till i spit a block out on the highway. It seemed like a cheap temporary fix to fit my 39.5s. For almost the price of blocks and U-bolts you can do it stronger and safer by either buying a shackle flip kit or if you have the resources, make one. Its a little work but its worth it imo. Just a suggestion. Of course the best way to lift is with springs. I just used the measurements from my truck and pictures from this site to make mine. There are some other interesting things on this site too.
Ford/Dodge
Old 05-21-2007, 05:51 PM

i know about the rsk out there but i could not imagine the cost of shipping up here to canada. i don't want to stack blocks i thought the 350 just had taller ones and i would just replace them. if i put more springs in the rear would it be a rougher ride? What are the dimensions on the factory blocks?

Last edited by materi; 05-21-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:14 PM

f-350 blocks are 4 inches, f-250 blocks are 2 inches, just swamp the blocks, you do not have to stack anything
Old 05-26-2007, 04:11 PM

i did some searching and am wondering i know with just a leveling kit on a 350 you can fit 315/70/16, how about a 250 with 4"blocks in the rear and an add-a-leaf in the front?
thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Cool Blocks

What I have done is go to our local tire a wheel store and talk to the shop guys. When they do lifts, they throw the old blocks and U-bolts in a scrap bin out side. They give them to me. Hey, go make a new friend. I have stacked blocks and have only had wheel hop problems. If you do, weld the blocks together then carefully torque and retorque the U-bolts.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My 95 F250 fits 35's with a Leveling kit in the front and no lift in the back.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:38 PM

what is the measurment from the groung to the top of the wheel opening. i actually just put three extra springs in the back and one in the front and am still thinking about 35's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.