alright im getting pissed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Nuckin' Futz

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
alright im getting pissed

what all can cause a rough idle and a very inconsistent sounding engine at higher RPM's and absolutely terrible fuel mileage...the truck has a ton of power but just sounds like azz and darn near shakes me to death. im out of ideas and so i need a list of things that can cause this...im just trying to pick others' brains cause mine is done picked! Im about to pull the motor and rebuild the whole darn thing. and im actually starting to think that its not really the engine at all, im starting to think it might be TC related, unless im consistently getting air in the HPOP system but when i pull the plugs the oil has no bubbles in it and the oil level is right there at the top. I don't know if its an IDM or ECM issue or what but its driving me crazy because ive pretty much ripped the engine apart trying to find this...who knows it might just be that i need all new injectors. So yeah if yall can just list all the things you think might cause these issues it will give me some new ideas. OH yeah NO CODES!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

VC harnesses checked out OK? Have you checked/cleaned your IPR? HMMM....stg2 or 3 injectors would probably cure everything.....
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Nuckin' Futz

well those are about the two things i haven't checked...see thats why i posted this, gives me ideas...although injector buzz was good so that somewhat eliminates the VC harness although i have seen bad harnesses but good buzz tests. the IPR ive been reluctant to pull apart although i did inspect the wiring when i had the fuel bowl out....well im gonna have 3 days off after tuesday so i may just do that then...oh and i found a pump that still runs the low sulfur fuel not the ULSD so im trying to run a tank or two of that through it to eliminate the fuel type. Im gonna pull the VCs and make sure everything is still bolted down...we had a truck roll in the shop that one of the exhaust rocker arm bolts broke off so it was still pushing the valve down but barely (the push rod and rocker arm were at a weird angle) its definitely not wet stacked cause i run it too hard for that. and thats whats so weird the truck passes every test (scan tool) with flying colors, no codes and all the sensors look good...thats why im thinking it is just an injector issue.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

You may be right. Throw some 2's at it, if that ain't it, they'll help you find the problem
Old 05-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Nuckin' Futz

hey does beans have a payment plan or do you have to drop it all at once
Old 05-18-2007, 07:52 AM

lol no payment plan from Ryan.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Nuckin' Futz

hey what all injectors do you have...i saw a couple but do you carry them in the stage 2 range. also do you carry that line that runs from one oil rifle to the other on the other side...it equals out the pressure in the two oil rifles in the heads.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Dirty injectors
Dirty IPR screen
Low oil pressure on the high side
Low fuel pressure
Contaminated oil

just some random thoughs, hope you find it man!!!

BTW, didn't you just get some injectors replaced under warranty????
Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 PM

HPX line is what you are talking about I think Turbodude. It ties the two oil hpo rails together, bout 30-40$
Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Member/MARINE

Send a message via Yahoo to rajharley
I got my high pressure oil line from black cloud and it was about 40 bucks. took a whole 10 minutes to install and took a bunch of shaking out of my motor. Smoothed it right out. I do not think that mine was shaking as violenty as you describe but it certainly cannot hurt. hope you figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.