Truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck

A buddy of mine said that my truck would not hold up the much longer because of miles on it but it only has 140,000 on it and since it has a programmer on it he said that it wouldnt hold up just wondering how many of you have 94-97 powerstrokes and miles on them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2006, 07:43 PM
I LIKE CHROME :)

Send a message via MSN to power95
140,000 is nothing, i've seen them with 250,000 and still run strong
Old 04-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

depends on how you treat it. good maint. goes a long ways. i would imagine rust would be your biggest enemy up there. the road salt is not good for it.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

there is always a chance of hard part failures....like injectors, glow plug relays, low pressure oil pumps, ETC in a rig with over 100k on it......that said, IF, and only IF your truck has been well maintained the odds are that your truck has a lot of good miles left in it.....in fact i would be looking at ball joints, U joints, shocks, and other suspention and drivetrain parts to see if they are worn out cause the engine certainly shouldnt be if it was taken care of. if the truck is in good shape, the suspention/drivetrain is worth putting a little money into, cause its a heck of a lot cheaper than a payment..........Marc
Old 04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Its not the payment that bothers me but he started saying that stuff I am new to diesel trucks and it was worrying me because he was saying all that stuff we bought a 02 350 crew cab 4x4 and I might buy that in a couple years or when mine decides to quit but I dont want to be putting alot of money in it the 02 only has 30000 on it and will have around 60,000 when I get it. But he said that everything would start going out with me haveing a programmer and that truck being old and everything. I traded my 2001 2500HD with a 8.1 in it for this and about 6,000 cash that he gave me and my grandpa who I live with said I was stupid for buying a diesel and My families farm has the 02 that pulls horse trailers around but I like it and I was wondering if all of you think it will hold to at least 200,000 on motor
Old 04-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned

i would think that you should have no worries about that motor hitting the 200k mark.......of course there are always veriables that can prove me wrong.....but on average that motor should have no problem hitting 2-300k with proper maintanence.......and no, unless you are hot rodding the *&*&% out of it......that chip is not causing major problems. it may shorten the life somewhat, but the chip will do less damage over the life of the motor than improper maintance will do....so it really is nothing to worry about. take care of it and the odds are that truck will go a heck of a long time down the road without the engine failing.........Marc
Old 04-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks Marc that makes me feel better. Most of the reason I bought the truck is because it had a Powerstroke in it with only 135,000 on it when I bought it so I had heard many stories of them running 400,000-500,000 on them
Old 04-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Conservative and Proud

Just curious.............

What does this friend drive????????? And if he was a friend, why on earth would he call you stupid???
Old 04-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34
Just curious.............

What does this friend drive????????? And if he was a friend, why on earth would he call you stupid???
He drives a 01 stroker and I think that he just thinks he knows everything and doesnt. Just to show you how smart he is he had a 99 stroker up to about 6 months ago when he rolled it doing donuts at a barn fire I had at my place it was a nice truck silver with a 6" lift and 35 pro comp xtremes on it he had a aftermarket turbo, ATS tranny, 120HP injectors and stacked chips on it and he took it all off and put it on his 01 I think or so he says it that possible and he is the one buying trucks with over 180,000 on them his 99 had 205,000 when he got it and the 01 has 195,000 so who is the stupid one
Old 04-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ScreaminStroker
He drives a 01 stroker and I think that he just thinks he knows everything and doesnt. Just to show you how smart he is he had a 99 stroker up to about 6 months ago when he rolled it doing donuts at a barn fire I had at my place it was a nice truck silver with a 6" lift and 35 pro comp xtremes on it he had a aftermarket turbo, ATS tranny, 120HP injectors and stacked chips on it and he took it all off and put it on his 01 I think or so he says it that possible and he is the one buying trucks with over 180,000 on them his 99 had 205,000 when he got it and the 01 has 195,000 so who is the stupid one

I'm thinking your buddy is just jealous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.