Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
3M views 8K replies 325 participants last post by  Nathan Pritt 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see or hear about them OBS mods!! Big or small post 'em all. Whether you ghetto chromed your valve stems or patented a functioning flux capacitor I wanna know about it!! Lifts, swaps, conversions, wheels, tires, injectors, fuel, oil, turbos, chips, tuners, intakes, exhaust, bumpers, suspension, lights, electrical, mechanical, interior, exterior, audio, visual, *******, hillbilly, hitech, lowtech, home built, store bought, big budget, no budget, low budget, bolt on, stick on or spray on, this is your chance to brag some about what you did that made you proud...or not so much if it failed miserably but let's see or hear about the fails too!!

Don't matter if you did it this morning or ten years ago. Even if you have already posted your mod elsewhere and you think everyone knows about it, post it up again!!

If you glued a 12' CB whip to the middle of your hood and you think that makes your truck worthy of a cover shoot for Diesel Power Mag then I'm talkin to you too!!

No rules other than don't be mean and make fun of someone else's contraption. If it makes the pilot smile then it's a cool mod, roger? Having said that, chatter it up!! Questions, comments, concerns, compliments and condolensces welcome!!!!!!!!!!

If you are gonna post pics, make them detailed close ups of whatever you did that blew your hair back. Don't tell everyone that you installed a fuel pressure gauge then show a glam shot of your truck from 30' away. That's what the OBS pic thread is for. Get in there and show the nitty gritty!

Here's one of mine:

5" homebuilt blow pipe. I guess that would be "audio"? :hehe:

See less See more
#5 ·
i am gonna need alot of space here soon :hehe:

#13 ·
Custom interior from the p/o. I think he said 04 super duty lariat leather, not sure what the rear buckets are from, someone told me maybe explorer... not sure, but pretty unique and I get lots of compliments.
View attachment 14477

View attachment 14478
They look like Explorer Front Seats (in the rear) for sure. And, They look really comfy :) But Than TAN steering wheel, looks like its out of a Taurus.

#9 ·
More of my 95

Custom front driveshaft, the one that came in the truck was completely hacked...

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Gas Vehicle

Front diff rock guard, the cover already had a pothole in it where someone smacked it, but figured this oughta give me a lil extra protection.

Auto part Brake Vehicle brake Transmission part Steel

#10 ·
did a complete swap from a 351w to a 97 psd, also working on all the body work to bring it back to life. theres pics in my gallery hall

Reactions: Jay Meyer
#11 · (Edited)
Lets see...

Just gonna do my Unique Mods.

Deluxe Sun Visors
Gentex Auto-Dim/Compass Mirror
Crown Vic EATC
Taurus Dome Light
Bronco Signal Mirrors
F150 Power Seat
F150 Mudflaps
Pioneer 8" LCD Monitor
Rear View Camera
Clarion DVD Player
Complete Performance Quad Pod
Aeroforce Scan Gauge

And, whatever you see here

Sadly, nothing under the hood :(

#15 ·
I Love my creature Comforts!

Its so much nicer to drive now with the power seat, cause I can make the seat support my legs more :nod:

And the girl wont bark my ear off all the time if I toss in a DVD to watch :rofl:

#14 ·
how hard is it to do that climate control from a crown vic?

#18 ·
Here are my custom mods. Nothing special but I like them.

White face gauges

Custom t-pipe cover

Matching 40/20/40 back seat.

#80 ·
Here are my custom mods. Nothing special but I like them.

White face gauges

Yours are different from mine...

Also

Matching A/C panel

CPR fuel

DIY stacks

Aux reverse/work lights

Tymar intake no one hears about anymore :hehe:

Fairly out of sight 6-pos switch

Have a couple more, but no pics yet... painted grille, USB plug in cigarette lighter, uhh probaly something else :thumb:

Just 2 good pictures :icon_ford:

#19 ·
tjl, how did you do the white face gauges??? that looks sick! i wanted to keep my black face but change the green back light to blue. looks like you did that too

#20 ·
They're an over lay. You take the cover off the stock gauges and these slide over the needles into place. Put the stock cover back on, run your wires, put your dash back together and you're done. They have thier own lights. They don't use the factory lights. You can choose from blue or green. I had a few problems with the lights at first but I think I got it figured out.

#21 ·
sleeper weight rack reciever.:thumb:

its in the holes of the bumper

here it is with the weight rack on the truck while its pulling

#22 ·
Awesome stuff fellas, keep it coming!!!! This is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for!!!!

Don't be shy to show off the little low budget things that you are proud of too!!

Maybe you spent an hour polishing your goose neck ball and you are REALLY impressed with how shiny it is...let's see it :hehe:

#23 ·
i would show some pics of the seld pulling hitch i made. tha was pretty cool. pulled from the crossmember under the front of the bed and it planted the weight 2" in front of the rear tires with a custom mount. i did that soon after the last picture posted was takin.

#24 · (Edited)
Post 'em up brother!!

...that is one angry lookin OBS btw :thumb:

#26 ·
Roger that. I'm hopin Bill will bite on this one too and represent the boys from North of 49. I think you threw the gauntlet down to him with your first round of pics :hehe:

#39 ·
:hehe: Yeah probably did. :hehe:

Here is what I got today, whats nice too is the bezel has a removable faceplate to the right of where the Diesel Warning lights are, so I can fab up a nice switch panel and put it there, with NO HOLES DRILLED!:thumb:

Pulled it out of a Bronco, and gonna either black out part of the switch, or leave it as is. Use them for Reverse lights, or Aux lights. There is a nice heavy gauge wire feeding in and out of the switch which makes it perfect for large lights. But if using a Relay, it wont matter lol

Whats nice is, it lights up with the instrument lights, and will dim with it too, and has an indicator light as well, and looks super factory :)

Too many to post..RS kits with Icon lift springs, '08 axles in a '97 with suspension, 20" wheels and 2.5" level kit, Also '95 with '07 axles, 4" 4 link suspension in front F codes rear 20" wheels etc...plus shots of everything else..check my webshots.

Cary
I got that on my List of TO DO's as well!

And I paid 400 shipped for those wheels :) have like two scratches on them, and nothing worth complaining about! :woot:

Now If I can get some money scraped up, thats not spent, i might have them in this summer

#28 ·
OK low budget stuff. Air tank from a semi trailer and my free air horns grabbed out of a scrap bin. (OK I'm cheep)

Attachments

#33 ·
Ten points dude, now we are into the good stuff :thumb: :hehe:

#30 ·
^^^ Yeah that's what I'm talkin about dude, choose some of your faves and post 'em up. One at a time, all in a wad, whatever!!

I am thinkin about starting a poll for this thread on most or best or most ******* or whatever mods if it really takes off.

#31 ·
regulated return

08 console

relocated block heater cord

Aux pwr controller

Gauges

Coolant filter

heater core shut offs

6" miters

new lights, intercooler, and theres a 6.0 trans cooler in there too
[

No picture of the 2.5 over stock frt leaf spring swap....leveling purposes

I'm sure I left a few out...just check the sig

#32 ·
Another one from me. Lotech, lowbudget, ******* class!! I needed switches, I didn't want to cut up my dash, these were free from a scrap pile, I fabbed the brackets, ran some wires and ta-frickin-da...they even light up red :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.