Mod Injector questions. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mod Injector questions.

Hey, i need some help. I have been looking at DIY stage one injectors for my baby. What i think i am seeing is an O-ring/spring kit for 250 bucks and all I would be doing is machining the intensifier piston down to accomodate more fuel and keeping my stock nozzles. Does anyone have this DIY kit? Are the springs different from stock? Or am i right?f I have rebuilt them before but never modded them. I guess what i want to know is why cant i just get a rebuild kit from International, machine my pistons down to whatever tolerance they need to be and have 160cc's of fuel flow???

PowerStroke 7.3 Injectors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007, 05:10 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

I'm not sure if the springs are the same or not. I don't see any benefit from getting everything separately. You would probably be trading money for convenience. I guess you could, though, if you know the specs for the piston. Rosewood Diesel's DIY injector kit The kit comes with instructions for the machining.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I hav'nt checked out the price of rebuild parts from international yet but i'm sure it's less than 250. I also get a small discount through my shop. Machining will be either cheap or free for me. Tools are within either in my garage or within my reach so thats not a problem. I was just wondering what is not stock parts that come in the kit. If i can find out what the specs are for machining this could turn out very cheap for me and maybe i can help others out with their projects too.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
lukecline

DIY injectors seem to be a pretty good deal if your a decent mechanic, i havent heard anything bad about them.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am also on the verge of ordering myself a set of DIY's, im gonna go for the stage II's for my 99. I have emailed a bunch of guys with the DIY kits and they all say it has been a 100% great experience and the kit is great quality and the results are Awesome!! Ill be placing my order within the next couple of weeks, cant wait to tear into my motor and do some internal mods and not just the chip and other electronic power enhancements. Ill be sure to let everyone know how it all goes when I finally get them done!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well, I price matched and came up with the conclusion that unless you really have a great deal on OEM parts and a machinist in your pocket the DIY kit from rosewood is a pretty good deal. You can get all the parts you need for a little cheaper but it seems easier to just get it all right there. I'm gonna go ahead and get the kit. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Just need about a month to pay off my new 20 inch 2 piece wheels for my military tires...
Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 PM

DIY injectors

I just got my kit. Includes a CD with pics, a tool to open the injectors, and all o-rings inside and out. Good instructions. You need to use a feeler gauge to see how worn the internal parts are. After 125,000 miles the internal parts loose two to four thousands in length. I got my gallon of carb cleaner and a feeler gauge. The kit includes new springs and screws. $265 with shipping.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 PM

Good to hear jeff, btw how is your fuel system coming along? Or wait you had the fuel system already right? How is the intake coming along? Keep us posted. I have been looking at the diy hybrids, but don't know if I can milk all the potential out of them as someone who does it for a living can. Who knows maybe I'll give it a shot anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.