Back pressure PSI - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Nuckin' Futz

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back pressure PSI

heres one for all the techs...because i can't find it in any of my sources...what should the Backpressure sensor reading be in PSI at idle...i can only find the torque spec for the sensor it self. My truck is reading 16 Psi of backpressure and more importantly its reading 13-15 when the truck isn't even running...so im wondering if that isn't another part of my problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to 7.3pw뮧rk rt10r
Yeah sounds like you need to order a new gauge or try hooking someone elses and see if theirs works on yours??
Old 04-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Nuckin' Futz

oh, well im going off of my scan tool for the Exhaust Backpressure sensor output...it is saying that even when the truck is off i have 16 psi of backpressure...the EBPV is deactivated and i know its open so i don't think that it is that causeing it but i wonder if i have to clean that tube out that runs from the sensor down to the manifold...ive read that those get plugged up and that every now and then you need to clean them out.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:27 AM

Yeah, Check you computers for dirt, and other grime. Our shop has had several diesels that have been out for a day of mudding or just long wear, and they say that their lights, gauges, and cruise control come on and off or surge. Open the hood to fine that the computer module is sprayed with dirt or water. Disconnect them and if you have a compressor like at our shop, (most do) lol, just take the blow gun and spray them out. See if that help? If not jeez could be a world of hurt? I dunno, Were are the techs?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

These aren't the kind of posts I like reading from you Turbodude. Sux your truck isn't running right for you. I'm not sure what the problem could be with this issue? I don't understand how it could be reading backpressure when off. Something is haywire maybe its an electrical gremlin. Good luck with it man hope you get it figured out.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:40 AM

Yeah this isnt supposed to be, Ecspecially when its off WTF?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Banned

16 at idle is fine....and the reason its reading 13-14 witht the motor off is then its reading atmospheric pressure....thats normal.....id expect 16-20 or so at idle...with it peaking maybe as high as 35 at WOT.....
Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Nuckin' Futz

well the baro and map both read 12.9 psi when it is off which i think is right for this altitude so i dont understand why its reading that. like i put in my other post...ive admitted defeat and its going into the shop...the work schedule wont let me tinker with it anymore...hopefully they can figure it out and hopefully its not an internal problem...it started doing this the day that i picked it up from getting injector number six replaced so mabe they forgot to tighten something down or mabe its another injector i don't know...Im too aggrovated to work on it anymore ill probably just break it all to pieces if i mess with it anylonger...so ill let them mess with it and give me the bad news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.