Here's one for yall cause it is stumping me! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Nuckin' Futz

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's one for yall cause it is stumping me!

Ok so the truck is having problems...I recently had injector number 6 replaced because it failed. When i got the truck back it ran like azz. It idles very rough and inconsistant, and the fuel mileage has drastically decreased. It sounds like its got a bit of a knock but only does it while accelerating or maintaining a certain RPM. never on a coast or at idle. I replaced all of the fuel lines in the valley because one of them was leaking pretty good. I put my scan tool on it and ran a bunch of tests (cyl. contrib., injector buzz, KOEO, KOER,) it passed them all no problems the only code i got was for the EBPV which i deactivated on purpose. I took the chip out and that didn't work...i replaced the ICP and the CPS to no avail. Now the only code that i have gotten out of it was a P0236 for the Map sensor...Turbo boost sensor performance...i have had that code for over a year and so thought that it was a result of the chip. It has never caused a problem until now and i don't even know if that is what is causing the problem. im wondering if someone forgot to tighten down the rocker arm bolt or forgot to tighten down something in general when the changed out the injector. The truck has good power still so i don't know if it is a compression issue or anything internal...im thinking it is something related to engine management. If it isn't the map sensor than im stumped...i guess i just need another brain to help me out on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Bump for the smart guys
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Nuckin' Futz

Heres some more info for yall. Im thinking it may be a air and fuel delivery problem or air in fuel delivery problem. I read the post about carter fuel pumps and that got me wondering if that might be the problem...i changed it last august or so, so it may have gone bad. just another thought
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quick way to see if it's the MAP sensor is to unplug it and see if makes a difference if not then its bad. Good luck, hope you figure it out.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Nuckin' Futz

well its going into the shop...ive had enough and im all out of ideas...no codes...passes all the tests i don't know...im gonna be out of town for a few days so ill let them deal with it until i get back...im hoping its not another injector but who knows.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Nuckin' Futz

if it is another injector then im gonna break down and get a set of bean's stage 1's and be done with it. and mabe a electric fuel system when i get back from Iraq in december roughly
Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to jc305
yeah that was my mistake i had 2 injectors replaced in my truck wish i would have just gone with beans but oh well i was super busy at the time....
Old 04-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Nuckin' Futz

if it is another injector i think im gonna have them replace it just so i can get it home to ohio then when i get back from the desert im gonna get some stage ones or mabe two's
Old 04-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

JMO but you better go with the 2's. Otherwise you'll just want more. Not sayin that going with the 2's wont result in the same thing, but you will be at that 400hp mark with 2's. I wish I just would have gone straight to 2's, actually 3's but I will eventually. Good luck
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Nuckin' Futz

well not only has it stumped me...its stumped the diesel shop and the dealership. Im thinking that i just need to throw a set (8) injectors in it just so that i have a platform to go off of. after that im gonna say ecm & IDM then we say its an internal problem...something is telling me that i just need to put all 8 new injectors in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.