Hey Gents (and ladies) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Gents (and ladies)

I am looking at a power stroke in a 97 CC 250 i love the 6.0 in the newer ones but just dont see a need for a 600 dollar truck note. So i have been in love with the 96 and 97s (i know they were the same earlier years) and everytime im to broke to afford one this jackass here where i live parks a blue and white on on the corner for sale for about a month.. This truck looks better than new and is bone stock xcept maybe a small lift.. Anyways a local dealership picked up one with 208000 on her and its got all my needs wants.. its 4x4 4 dr has a 5th wheel already installed bedliner, ect.. Dont know if it has skid plates ect.. its truly gonna be a hobbie / daily driver.. not a tow monster. I just have always loved the smell, sound, power and feel of the diesel. I dont go off roading but I am at the point in my life where i think I would enjoy a 2 or 3 inch lift some bigger tires running boards ( steps) and if i wanna go to the lake or river i dont need to worry bout getting stuck.. I can still pull the car trailer if i want and take it to anywhere USA with the dogs n kids ect..
is there anything i should really look for in this truck or something I can hold the local dealer too apon purchase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just bought a 97 CC, 2WD with 230,000 miles. Mechanically the truck is solid. I'm just working on some PM, such as fuel filter, oil change, air filter change, and I'll be replacing the front rotors and pads because they are worn.

I've had other trucks, but when you have your own diesel that makes the sounds, smell, and feel, you will be glad you bought one. I wasn't sure diesel was the way to go, but I'm glad I did.

I bought mine without seeing it in person. I would judge how they maintained the interior and engine as a fairly decent model of how they treated the truck. If its dirty inside, they probably used it on a ranch, maybe did some pulling. If its clean, they probably did a bit of highway driving which is nothing for diesel engines. The 5th wheel makes me nervous, min doesn't have one and never did which was something I wanted. If you need it, well, its already got it.

Test drive it, it should idle smooth, shouldn't blow any smoke during startup or acceleration. I'm the farthest thing from an expert, but I was looking for the same type of truck so I could stay within my budget. I got it all, just not the 4WD.

Good luck, hope you find a solid truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.