so.....I can get a Dana 60 for $150 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so.....I can get a Dana 60 for $150

I have a f-250, and I have access to pickup a Dana 60 for $150.

I am going to schools for mechanics, and have access to nearly every tool, and a lot of help if I need it. Is this project doable for me?

is there a really good write up on the install process, also, do I need the RSK, or the f-350 leafs? I just bought add-a leafs for my f-250 springs.

Can you guys hook me up with some info on what I have to do?
thanks a bunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Premium Member

yes its doable i just did it in my drive way with an inch of ice on the ground. i highly recommend it too. i payed 650 for a 92 dana 60 so 150 is a steal. did it all by myself although you might need a buddy to help you swing it under the truck if you want it to go faster. but you can get by with 2 floor jacks to center it. i would completely rebuild that axle if you havent already tho before it goes under the truck, it will be much easier off. ball joints, axle seals u joints. you have to pop the diff out to get to the seals but it was really easy and just pops back in. i didnt replace the carrier bearings because they looked fine and its only part time 4x4. definetly make sure you got a track bar (not sway bar, its not nessecary) maybe new wheel bearings and check the spindle bearings. i did this all by myself with no crazzy tools except a ball joint press which i broke and had to rent on at auto zone. make sure you get the correct steering links too. they will bolt in but the 250 steering arms are designed to moove with the independent front suspension where as the f350 are for a solid axle. if you can get them, i got a kit on ebay with all the arms brand new in the box for like 115 then you just have to buy the connecting sleeves. i probably way over did it but i dont ever want to have to touch that thing ever again. good luck if you do it , let me know if you run into any snags
Old 01-17-2010, 05:48 PM

yeah, thats a lot of stuff I'd have to replace. because I would have to put new brakes on too, and it looks like someone already started taking the hubs apart. can i transfer dana 50 hub parts to the dana 60?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM

What year f350 is the d60 from?

Last edited by Need4racin; 01-18-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dana 50/60 Hubs are the same. Brake rotors could be different depending on year.
I know this for a fact, since I did a D60 swap a couple months ago, and used my hubs off the D50.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:15 PM

alright guys, im gonna go back and check it over real good, and see what i have to work with. might take some pictures too, and post em up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.