Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil Leaks

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  overl0rd 
#1 ·
I was wondering how many of you out there that have strokers that leak oil my leaks a couple drop when it sits overnight

#2 ·
96ScreaminStroker said:
I was wondering how many of you out there that have strokers that leak oil my leaks a couple drop when it sits overnight
that is pretty common for a 7.3.....clean it up good...the orange tubes that go into the heads are common for the clamps to loosen up....the high pressure o rings leak sometimes......Go to the "tech files" section and there is a whole write up about it.....Marc

#4 ·
use whatever degreaser you want....let it sit for a bit.....then i always spray them off running so if i hit the exhaust there is still some heat being produced so there isnt such a rapid cooldown.....but ive blown a lot of motors off with a pressure washer......yet to see one diesel have a problem.......Marc

#6 ·
First place I'd look is at the drain plug and filter, make sure they're good and clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.