Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Will a newer model turbo down pipe work on our obs trucks?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  redhed 
#1 ·
I have a 97 F250 and was just wondering if the down pipe from any of the newer trucks might fit in place of the squished stock pipe. Anyone know?

#3 ·
i hear that you can do this. a few guys are putting super duty turbos on their OBS trucks and i hear you need the up pipes, and pedestal to do so and that it all bolts up. like i said, i "heard" that

#5 ·
Downpipe will NOT work at all... your gunna need to find a 3" OBS downpipe.

#7 ·
:icon_ford:I have done alot of research about this topic and a 3 inch is the largest. I work at a exhaust shop so i made my own down pipe. 3 inch stainless steel. Let me tell you it took me 3 hours to fabricate and install. The hardest part is getting the old one out. Then to put it back in i dropped the tranny down as far as i could to install the new pipe i made. What a difference in spool up and performance. I didnt have to clearance the firewall at all. It is a snug fit. I made 3 bends in the pipe.:icon_ford:

#9 ·
I thought about making my own because I have some 3" mandrel bends, but on ebay there is alot of different downpipes for around $100 bucks so I just ordered one. Sure it would have been fun to make but it probably would have taken me 6 hrs to do, so it was worth it to buy it already to go! Plus the one I ordered goes from 3-3.5-4in so I can run 4in exhaust easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.