Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

paper or re-usable/oiled air filter?

847 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CT Performance, Inc. 
#1 · (Edited)
Is anyone aware of any tests comparing paper, "one time use" air filters to re-usable filters that are oiled? I would like to know which does a better job of filtering while also allowing maximum air flow assuming identical manufacturers of each. Im really looking for some TESTED comparisons more than just opinions if possible. Please understand, I'm not asking what brands are better or which aftermarket intake is best... I'm just looking for filter info. Thank you so much.

#2 ·
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3-mod-help/4413-diy-intake.html

the diy intake is by far the best. You dont want to run oiled filters on diesels because they do not filter all to well which is bad news on a high compression engine. the diy is one of the most popular intakes for the 7.3 and is fairly easy. It filters better than the leaky stock air filter and flows more air.

#4 ·
And restricts air flow also..Their are doc's for Donaldson filters..check their website.

You will never see identical manufactors as foam manufactors don't make the other media filters and visaversa.

You will never see a foam type filter used in a critical usage. All offroad and mining, over the road trucking all use a Donaldson type filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.