another death wobble - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another death wobble

My friend has a 96 250 with a d60 kingpin conversion. he is getting a bad case of DW around 45-55 mph and is running 285/75/16's
He initally got it when he put his 36' tires on though he is now getting it with the 285's.
He suspects the steering stabilizer though I don't think that's the root issue.
Steering is tight. Havent checked toe yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

does he have a track bar attached and is it parallel with the drag link? also are the bushings good at both ends?
Old 12-25-2009, 04:39 PM

I would second to check the track bar make sure that bushings and mounts are good and tight. Do you have a lift on the swapped D60? Cause if you do the mounting bracket will not line up right with the mounting wholes. Then you would need to call a lift kit company to see if they have a bracket that matches your lift height. If there is no lift then all should match up just right. I did the swap my self last year but I used a D60 off of a 96 F350 so it was a complete match for all parts, even the brakes. Please me know if you need any help. Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2009, 04:45 PM

I am not 100% on the trac bar but there is a possibility that he did not even install it at all. He was telling me of how lots of people are running around without it. As far as the springs he installed a couple add a leafs. No particular kit. I told him that the tracbar was important but idk if he took the time or not.
The interesting part is that he has been running the same setup for 9 months without any issue.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:27 AM

WOW thats cool he ran nine months without it. The track bar bracket will not work correctly unless he gets a drop bracket for the install. If he installs it without the drop bracket then it will push the axle out an inch up to 3 inchs out and it will track funny down the road. NAPA should be able to find a drop bracket. Just let them know the amount of lift you have and they should be able to find one. If that does work install that bracket in the factory location then buy and adjustable trackbar. it does the same thing just from a different perspective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.