Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1995 clutch rod

943 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  That Other Guy 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get just the rod from the slave master to the pedal? I did the permanent Hiem joint replacement and It came with absolutely no instructions. I ended up cutting it at the eyelet shoulder and it is to short now. I see plenty of 80's clutch rod replacements, but nothing for a 1995. Does anyone know if those are possibly interchangeable? Or even a CHEAP slave master I can stream the rod from as it's fine other than the rod,being to short

#2 ·
Should be the same clutch rod, if you can get a measurement on it I'd ball park compare it to the one you tried to do the heim joint mod to.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Your likely not going to be able to remove the rod from the master cyl as it clips in.

I have the heim fix also ans although i cut it where it said to ita still too short so all i was going to do was trt adding some sort of material into the bottom of the heim where the clutch rod sits.

Figured some jb weld gooped in there then drill it a little at a time to adjust my pedal where i like it.

#4 ·
my understanding is there is a clip. but unbolt master and pedal side pull out, remove clip and out comes the rod... is this not correct? and i already ground down the new joint to get more travel and have it at the farthest point where it will still grab the rod with the set screw...not sure what you mean by putting jb weld on it

#5 ·
I mean if you cut too much off the master cyl rod fill the hoke in the heim joint it slides into with jb weld or something. Let it cure and the test fit, if too much drill it out and fit again, ect till you get it right where you want it.

Also the master cyl rod i believe is a one time fit thing as the clip is inside the master cyl and you push the rod into it once the cyl is in the truck.

I havmt read of anyone pulling thsm vack out but ive never really looked either nor have i tried to pull the rod back out and re use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.