Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2 paint codes but only one color

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nathan7.3 
#1 ·
Ok to start off, my truck is a 1995 f250. I am the forth owner and the second owner had the truck repainted. The truck got a new cab and bed when it got repainted and when I went to order some touch up paint I noticed that I have 2 paint codes but my truck is only painted one color. The 2 paint codes on the door jam is MS (Smoke Metallic) and MC (Light Smoke Metallic). So the question is, what color is my truck and why are there 2 codes. I did actually get some touch up paint and I got the MS (Smoke Metallic) and treid it on the tailgate and the color is a little bit different but I don't know if that is because the paint is faded or not. I need to know because I am getting the tailgate re painted and I am buying the paint and all the other supplies and I'm having a friend do all the paint and body work. Let me know asap. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Truck's obviously been repainted. Badges from a later truck, no 4x4 sticker, and the aftermarket pinstripe are hints. The two paint codes and the TAPE code indicate that it was born a two-tone. Shame on that previous owner for not retaining the two-tone. As to what color it is now, it's anyone's guess. A GOOD body/paint shop MIGHT be able to ID it if you bring it to them.

#4 ·
The first code MS matches the paint very closely so I'm thinking that the paint might just be slightly faded. Does anyone have a picture, or can find a picture of what my truck used to look like. I'd love to see what the truck look like from the factory. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.