Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OBS Scanner

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperchargedPSD 
#1 ·
I know its talked about everywhere but I can't find exactly what I should get. I want something that can read and get the codes accurately and be able to clear the codes. I don't want to spend a lot of money and i would prefer to get a scanner that will get the job done for the lowest cost. Thanks

#2 ·
you can get the torque pro app and a bluetooth connector for the OBD port. there is also AE and high end readers such as snap on. I use a snap on mt2500. i do not own a smart phone. if i did i would probably use the torque pro app

#3 ·
I didn't even know they had a app to do that. The torque app looks like its only for Android, I have iPhone so I'm looking at the OBD Fusion app. An app and a connector are a lot cheaper for no more than what I need it for. Thanks

#5 ·
I downloaded the app OBD Fusion and I got the $11 wifi ELM327 and tried them on my truck and it did not work. It would not read the codes with the truck on or off. My CEL is only on with the truck on and when I would have it try to read the codes it would say the truck should be off and when ever i would test it with the truck on it would make it skip and still wouldn't read the codes. So idk if it will or will not work. The year selection only went down to '96 and mine is a '95. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the two to work for my truck let me know. Thanks

#7 · (Edited)
Some 94 and 95 trucks had been flashed at some time and may have the OBD port enabled. If not you can have a 94-95 pcm flashed to communicate. Second your cheap 11$ adapter likely does not talk to the Ford J1850 Protocol as most cheap low end adapters do not. Second I am unsure if that app will work as I use Torque App Pro and Car Gauge Pro. Torque app reads and logs PIDs but will not pull DTCs on my 7.3. I use Car Gauge to pull and clear DTCs as well as initiate buzz and CCT tests. I personally use the OBDlink brand adapters. I use the OBDlink LX for my stroke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.