Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Recomendations on injectors

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  sputnik801 
#1 ·
Has anybody used the rebuilt stock injector and glow plug set from Pensacola Diesel? At 424k my rig is overdue. I'm looking to go inexpensive and not do any upgrades. I've used sensors and IPR from them with no issues. Always looking for feedback before I dump over a grand in it.

#2 ·
I have never used those injectors but if they are over a grand for a set I have been SUPER happy with my Baby Swamps and they were in the price range. They work just like stock but give you the option to get a little more out of them if you want it. Swamps has a great reputation and I had a very positive experience working with them. I would suggest that before you drop your cash you make a phone call and check them out.

#3 ·
Just another quick thought. You said your truck has 494K on it. If I were you I would expect to change out the injector cups at the same time. My truck had 270K on it when I did mine and I found 3 cracked cups while removing my injectors so I went ahead and replaced all 8. They are not that expensive and as long as you have the special tool they are not hard to change at all. I would recommend you just add that to your project and save the surprise that I had.

#4 ·
Thanks Gents. That cost is for a "kit" of injectors, glow plugs and gaskets. I was thinking about doing the cups as well. Tomorrow I'm going to a friends who has better diagnostic tools than I. Not the proper thread for this,but current issue is lack of power. Can't get over 70 going up a highway hill here. Turbo rebuild went well. We'll see how things go. Thanks again for the replies.

#5 ·
Stay away from Pensacola. Ask any vendor on here and they'll tell you stories. Blow-by could also be the issue (orings failing, cups cracked, etc.). Flip the oil fill cap over and see if it floats off, rattling off is okay as these engines aren't necessarily sowing machines. Also, if you were to manage to rebuild your injectors, how is it you plan on flow testing them? Just a thought.

Reactions: junior125
#6 ·
I have heard bad things about pensacola stick with Full Force, PIS, Swamps, Rosewood, or Unlimited. If you are looking for a mild improvement and don't want to upgrade a bunch of other stuff a stage 1 160cc injector would be a good choice, and it would make a noticeable difference in power compared to the stock 90cc injectors that come in the OBS trucks.

#9 ·
For the love of your truck, please stay away from Pensecola, DieselCare, American Diesel, Sniper (if that idiot is still around somewhere, LOL).

I carry Performance Injection Systems injectors, and for good reason, but are certainly not cheap. Whoever you decide on, stay with the tried and true shops what @00t444e mentioned.

Best bang for your buck will be Jim at Rosewood with his budget builds IF your internals are all usable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
You get what you pay for. Some of these low cost shops are charging less than what the parts cost to rebuild these injectors correctly. You don't have to be accountant to figure that something is screwy there. PIS has a great reputation. So does Swamps, Rosewood, Unlimited etc etc... Since you are not upgrading you can also purchase new Alliant AA or AB (if yours is a cali truck) injectors. Most of those vendors mentions also have the option of new Alliant or rebuilt. I do my own work but from what I have read around a few forums PIS is who I would go with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.