Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Question about the EBP sensor

940 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperchargedPSD 
#1 ·
I have read that some people have deleted it all together and added a fooler to prevent a code form being thrown. Does this delete impact the mileage at all? I just cleaned and re-installed mine (completely blocked) and my engine smoothed out considerably. To soon to say if mileage went up or not. What is the advantage of deleting this sensor?

I also am curious about the van turbo pedestal deleting the EBPv. I have a van with this valve so I am wondering which vans came without?
Thank You,

Kristian

#3 ·
This is a quote I got from DP tUNER jODY......WHEN i wanted to get rid of mine ebp...

so I kept it........and put in a new one....

"Yes the EBP sensor is very important. I suggest you keep it. I had a friend delete it and he lost 3 mpg.

Jody

Jody Tipton
President/Owner
DP-Tuner ®
116 River Bend Drive
Hoschton, GA 30548
828-221-0076"

#5 ·
OK, I thought it was an important sensor, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I would like to delete the valve by the turbo. I hear people talking of getting a van pedestal to do the delete and yet I have a van with the valve/butterfly. Am I missing something? Is there a special year van without valve?

#6 ·
#7 ·
I noticed the parts listed are for 99 and up. I assume these are bolt on for my 97? Also could I save some cash by plugging the exhaust outlet with the freeze plug and then getting the deleted pedestal? It looks like they would work together but I am just guessing...

Thanks for the advice.

#10 · (Edited)
The pcm uses the ebp sensor for EBPV control. Other than that the pcm uses the ebp feedback for controlling the automatic transmissions. On manual trucks if you deleted the EBPV the pcm basically does not use it however it's still nice to have the sensor hooked up as you can monitor EBP if need be. The EBP sensor does not have effect on fueling and timing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.