Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My Centurion Project

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  lhsnbsaoa 
#1 ·
So I finally got back into another OBS truck. I deleted my facebook so I'm back on the forum full time! Just want to throw out a couple pictures and my plans. Love the new truck!

1996 F350 2wd Dually 7.3 Centurion Package

Here are my plans

Needs front end work. Already did ball joints and steering box, need to do radius arm bushings and tie rod ends.

Upgrade to 5" exhaust with a muffler (needed for safety inspection)

Get custom tunes on the TS6 chip. I'm worried about the quality of the canned tunes it came with from previous owner.

Already got the automatic transmission rebuilt with upgraded converter and other components including a good fluid cooler.

Riff Raff Intake kit (coming very soon)

New Gauges already sitting on the work bench. Just need them installed.

Need to do a coolant flush to get the nasty green stuff out. Add CAT ELC EC1 coolant and do a full flush. Have a 203 degree thermostat to go in then as well. Need to get a coolant filter to add then too.

Already got new tint

Already got new tires, Toyo open country AT

Need to replace the O ring on the dip stick adapter to stop an oil leak

Already replaced the door pin bushings to make the doors shut easier and quieter

Already did brakes all around.

And I want to add some random led lighting. Light bar facing the rear and some smaller ditch lights. That would help when setting up the camper in the dark.

A lot of random thoughts there, just wanted to throw it out and see if anyone has any cool opinions. Thanks guys!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Flush it and add new green, don't waste the money on ELC. Add some VC-8 for the additive. I'm not an advocate of the 203F, your decision though.

EBPV delete

HPO cross over will quiet it down and smooth it

Check your fuel pressure at the shrader valve on the fuel bowl, do the 'BB' mod if it's low, make sure to check after so it's not too high or screwed up

Take the front flares off and look for rust

Clear marker and turn signals look cool

Coat everything underneath with used oil or fluid film, take the inner fenders out and reach into/use a hose the hole above the front cab mounts and clean out, rust proof that area

Billet wheel

#5 ·
Also zero rust anywhere even under the flares. Was a well taken care of Texas truck since day one.

And I'll look into the fuel mod. Thanks.

Forgot to add billet wheel to the list. Done that before and love the results.

#7 · (Edited)
Got around to installing the new Riff Raff intake kit. Not the most expensive or fancy kit out there, but took 5 min to install and made a huge difference. Considerably better throttle response, both at low speeds and at highway speeds. Merging into the highway is so much better than before. For $100 I'd say its well worth the purchase.

Tried to replace the thermostat last night and found a crack in the water outlet... so I'm picking that part up tonight then getting the 203 degree thermostat in there to replace mine that is stuck open.

Attachments

#9 ·
Valid thoughts. I've had the 203 in a couple 7.3's in the past and was happy with the results. If I notice ill effects with this truck I will go back to stock.

And in reguards to towing, this is my 'spare vehicle'. When I do use it, I sometimes tow, but never over about 6k lbs. so nothing heavy. I would like to build it for towing though. When I had the transmission redone, the shop required a better cooler in order for them to put a warranty on their work. I had them upgrade many components (torque converter, valves, etc) and I also had them put the nicest cooler they thought money could buy on it. I have a trans temp gauge sitting on my work bench, just need to find time to put it in.

Reactions: JustinOOO9
#10 ·
I have a OEM stock t stat and upper housing still in the factory Ford bags for sale if interested.

#11 ·
Took two vacation days today and yesterday to get some work done. Yesterday pulled the front I beams and replaced the pivot arm bushings, control arm bushings, shocks, springs, and master cylinder. i couldnt believe how little was left of those bushings!! It ended up being easier than I thought with an extra set of hands. Used a ball joint press to do the pivot arm bushings. Today I'm going to do the oil crossover line, replace the O ring on the dipstick adapter, and replace the rear shocks. Maybe get my gauges started if I have time. I'll try to post some pictures later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.