Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Big Trouble Need Advise

773 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  nighthawk285 
#1 ·
Was searching for fuel leak with engine running and, I had also removed the (Y) pipe from the turbo outlet to intake manifold duct. In order to see better, and was going to clean some fuel up in the valley with a paper towel as my hand with the paper towel moved past by the intake manifold the paper towel was sucked in to intake manifold \ engine on the passenger side. Engine ran about 15 seconds before I could shut down.
How do I fix, and what kind of damage was done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

#6 ·
It may have already even been ran through in a 15 second run time......and there shouldn't be any damage done by a clean, dry, paper towel at idle. As it gets sucked down through the intake ducts, the valves it interacts with will tear it to shreds and it'll burn up the little pieces in the combustion cycle.

#7 ·
I don't think any particular intake valve would be open long enough or far enough to allow a whole paper towel though. Whats the average engine's valve lift, about .500?
I'll bet its laying against the head, splayed across several intake ports, as the motor is spinning fast enough to kind of pull it in several directions at once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.