Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust choices

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  austenhill101 
#1 ·
My truck currently has an MBRP 3" down pipe to 4 " full exhaust that was on the truck when I bought it. Within the last week the weld from the turbo to the down pipe and the weld going in to the muffler have broken. I've been hearing bad things about the MBRP from the muffler shops around town so I'm going to look at just replacing the whole thing. Any suggestions on what to go with?
I'm not trying to spend a thousand bucks on the exhaust. Just would like something to last.

#2 ·
I have the Diamond Eye 3" down pipe and have no complaints. I will most likely replace the rest of the exhaust with a Diamond Eye 4" kit when I have the funds. They seem to be the best bang for the buck.

#3 ·
That's the one I had been looking at. I'm thinking about getting their down pipe and replacing the muffler in my current system with a piece of pipe and calling it good. Then I don't have to worry about the weak points.

#4 ·
I vote for diamond eye as well, I've had they're el-cheapo steel DP and cat-delete pipes for 2 years and theres no rust, cracking or otherwise. The galvanized coating is still intact as well.

Make sure you tighten the clamp on the DP very well, it has a tendency to slip out if you don't.

#6 ·
How much of a pain was installing the 4" down pipe?

#10 ·
I'm still driving around with the broken DP haven't had time to mess with it. I didn't know that it was remotely possible to fit a 4" DP in. may have to look in to that.

#12 ·
Ha maybe Ill just say screw it and do a hood stack... cant imagine any legal issues I'd have with that

Reactions: austenhill101
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.