2cycle Fuel mix - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2cycle Fuel mix

Hey fellas new to site and trying to help out my old man, and wondering about the 2 cycle oil to fuel ratio for the ole 7.3. Him and I are new to the diesel world too... and have been hearing about the additives, the new fuel that pretty much doesnt have the lube properties as it used to. Ive heard of many ratios 128:1, 100:1, and 50:1. Here in AZ the 2cycle is cheaper than the tranny fluid. So any input is very helpful. oh and the truck is 97 f-350 and i think he has almost 200k on the all stock engine. Thanks again for all your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is a much debated issue. Most will tell you just to use an additive like Diesel Kleen or Standyne or something. I used 2 cycle oil for a long time in my 7.3. I used it in a ratio of 1oz. per gallon at every fillup. It quieted my injectors and gave me about 2 mpg's better. That is not exagerated or BS. I used it for about 30,000+ miles. I don't use it anymore, just cause I am trying others out right now, but it worked fine for me till the day I stopped using it. I would not use ATF though. For one it is red, big no-no. And It doesn't have the lubrication properties that the others do, and it is not designed to burn.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks chris, not many people would think of the ATF as the RED flag to the popo during a traffic stop. Good Point!!!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just say NO to tranny fluid............Like Southpaw said, 1 oz. per gallon of ashless 2 stroke and you'll be fine.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Shade tree mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Just say NO to tranny fluid............Like Southpaw said, 1 oz. per gallon of ashless 2 stroke and you'll be fine.
I also agree to 1 0z of ASHLESS per gallon. Got a buddy that uses it every fill up, no problems. I myself use stanadyne because I am lazy and dont want to measure it out I buy a case of stanadyne at a time and just throw it in my backseat
Old 10-03-2009, 06:02 PM

Those that proclaim a 2MPG gain aren't lying. I have used it for a while now. The Wal-Mart brand. I bought a gallon jug and a 16oz. I keep the 16 in the truck and transfer from the gallon every fill up. I noticed about 1.5 MPG gain and way quieter injectors.. Even use it with the B2 biodiesel. Works great
Old 10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just reading through the info you guys put out to us and thank you bunches, if it werent for guys like you the diesel shops would have to much work on there hands. Thanks again
Old 10-04-2009, 01:48 PM

I wouldn't recommend 2 stroke but some purpose designed fuel additive. The two that where mentioned above are good, I have used Diesel Kleen before but I am partial to AMSOIL diesel addiitves, probably because I am a Dealer though.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Raging Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio 'Stroke View Post
I wouldn't recommend 2 stroke but some purpose designed fuel additive. The two that where mentioned above are good, I have used Diesel Kleen before but I am partial to AMSOIL diesel addiitves, probably because I am a Dealer though.
And why not?
Old 10-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I may give this a try. Does it have to be 1oz to 1 gal? What if you put less additive in then that a gal. Would it be just pointless then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.