running light problem. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
running light problem.

so i installed a remote starter on my truck.when you hit the start button the running lights flash,then the engine starts.after it starts the running lights stay on until you put the key in and turn it on.to wire it like this i had to splice into the brown wire coming out of the headlight switch.this wire is for the running lights.i was driving to chilis with the lights on and i smelled something burning then it went right away.so i kept going and didnt notice anything.on the way home i realize i dont have any running lights.i still had brake lights and headlights though.so when i got home i decided to try the remote start to see if the running lights will come on,sure enough they did. i just dont see whats goin on here,they come on with the remote starter but once i turn the key on and pull the headlight switch out they shutoff? could the switch have burned up?what would cause this?all i did was tap into that brown running light wire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 07:26 PM

also i wanted to add my interior lights all work.cluster lights and dimmer also work as normal.the running lights just wont come on with switch.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM

any help out there? thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.