Go to a 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 11:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go to a 6.0?

I currently have a 97 350 crew long box 4x4. I use it to haul my truck camper. The only problem is it is a manual and my wife refuses to learn how to drive it. I found a 04 350 single rear wheel long box and also 4x4. I just don't know about the switch to a 6.0. The 6.0 only has 54,500 miles on it and no longer has the ford warranty. Tell me what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-4 View Post
I currently have a 97 350 crew long box 4x4. I use it to haul my truck camper. The only problem is it is a manual and my wife refuses to learn how to drive it. I found a 04 350 single rear wheel long box and also 4x4. I just don't know about the switch to a 6.0. The 6.0 only has 54,500 miles on it and no longer has the ford warranty. Tell me what you think.
What are you wanting to know exactly? How to get your wife to learn how drive a truck with a stick? Or whether or not to switch over to a newer 6.0?
Old 09-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just bought a 04 F350 work truck.I looked at a lot of info and come up with this.It is a very high tech motor, that had some rather minor problems when it was introduced.Bad news is the minor problems caused really nasty things to happen! By late 04 ( check when yours was made, mine is a late model)most issues were corrected.Common trouble was with the EGR valve and cooler.I live where emissions are not an issue so I put the delete kit from River City Deisel, good stuff and good people.The head bolts dont seem to be an issue if you dont hot rod the truck and watch the temps when towing. The ARP head bolt kit seems to be a cure for blown head gaskets.A lot of fleets are getting over 300,000 miles on these trucks so I think the rest of the truck will fall apart before the motor goes belly up.If you cant delete the EGR crap then use a tuner to "unhook" it.Keep up on the maintenance and dont run it hot, put a EGT gauge on it and go drive it.All that is based on 2 months of ownership and a couple thousand miles, so in reality its just my opinion, lol
Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The 6.0 is a good engine in my opinion. Can be prone to some problem but generally safe if left stock.

If I were you I would keep the OBS and take the wife not wanting to drive it as a blessing!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:58 AM

Yeah i heard ya about her not wanting to drive. When she drives all i do is complain anyway. I just got back the Oasis on here and it was made on March of 04. So it was an early 04 anyway.

But it would be such a smoother ride and creature comforts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.