strange stumble - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
strange stumble

On my 1995 F250 i have had a strange stumble since i filled up the tank the other day. I can be starting from a stop and around 1500 rpm its like someone shut the truck off for a split second. All of the dash is fine nothing moves out of the norm when this happens. It will do this through all 4 gears. its random like today i was out driving around town for a few hours after i put in a new cps and it was fine. Stopped at walmart for 20 min came out and left and when i left the first complete stop it started again. After teh cps change its not as bad as it had been the last few days now its just sorta a stumble/ hesitation and then it is fine again. Like i said this all started when i fueled up not sure if this has anything to do with it but it has been raining the last few days since also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 06:24 AM

mine does this a couple times a week as well. i too would like to know whats up. its done it for a year or more. for me, its like the engine forgets its running and then catches itsself, but the whole process lasts a half a second or less.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 AM

Interesting......well simple things first......fresh fuel filters? Not tryin to be insulting, but if it started after a refueling, might be a bad batch. Personally, I'd utilize a fresh fuel filter, utilize the water in fuel drain, and maybe some Diesel Kleen, or something else that will displace water in fuel. Then, hopefully some of the other, more knowledgeable guys can lend a better hand than I.

mike
Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 AM

ya thats what im thinking. gonna drain the water and check the filter. Also going to a difrent station and put some fuel in the other tank and see what happens
Old 09-11-2009, 08:25 AM

Hopefully that solves the problem. Nothin quite like a simple bad batch of fuel to give you hard times. If that does solve the problem, go back to the gas station, and let them know. (then they can "hopefully" contact their suppliers about the issue).

mike
Old 09-11-2009, 09:55 AM

ya hopfully that cures the problem... ya i was going to let them know. My GF used to work for them so they know we wouldent be lying to them to try and get a free tank of fuel. Had that problem years ago with another station filled up with gas and pulled out of the station i barly made it home the truck was running so bad. Went back to the station and told them thier was alot of water in thier tank. They told me i was full of **** that they dip thier tanks everyday and their tanks were within standards. I asked them to dip the tank while i was their and they refused. Went home and pulled my tank and drained it. their was so much water in it i could barley burn it with a match.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:47 PM

ok now this is just starting to piss me off. Ran great for the last severall days then today comming home from work it bucked and shut right down. Pulled over and restared no problem. Now why does it have to start this now when im back to work. I was off all last week..
Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 PM

could be the wiring under valve covers staring to go bad. just thinking out loud.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 AM

Correct me if im wrong but from what i read if the wiring is going bad it will just cause it to run rough/poorly? This thing idle's and runs perfect dosent miss a beat. except for this random problem.
Could the tps cause this sort of problem? I notice my gas peddel is realy touchy if i relax my foot on it even a little bit it will get jerkey. Not sure if im not used to the truck yet. Just seems like i have to have my foot in the right place and be verry consistant with it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.