2.5" lift kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2.5" lift kit

for anyone that has put on a 2.5" lift kit, how was the install and did it affect the ride at all? also can you use the stock shocks or do you have to buy longer ones? i just bought brand new Bilsteins and would hate to have to buy different ones

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to power wagon
what brand did u get i have a rough countyl and the install was pretty easy but one of the bolt holes didnt line up and the camber angle cams suck cuz u cant tighten them enough because u can only get the open end of a wrenck on the nut the tire shope tred for a while on mine but it still rides alright.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by power wagon View Post
what brand did u get i have a rough countyl and the install was pretty easy but one of the bolt holes didnt line up and the camber angle cams suck cuz u cant tighten them enough because u can only get the open end of a wrenck on the nut the tire shope tred for a while on mine but it still rides alright.
i havent bought one yet, im just looking into it
Old 09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
a truck

I got one on my truck, install was ok, cross member drop brackets were a pain in the azz. otherwise it wasnt too terrible to do, just takes time. I suggest having someone help you, that was my mistake. As for ride, it aint gonna ride any smoother
Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
I got one on my truck, install was ok, cross member drop brackets were a pain in the azz. otherwise it wasnt too terrible to do, just takes time. I suggest having someone help you, that was my mistake. As for ride, it aint gonna ride any smoother
my brother will help me out with the install, did you use the stock shocks or did you need to buy longer ones?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke095 View Post
my brother will help me out with the install, did you use the stock shocks or did you need to buy longer ones?
You can use the stock shocks, still have the original shocks in my rear end cuase I couldnt get the top nuts off cuase they are so rusted and they work fine
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I also have the tuff country kit. The installation really wasn't that bad. Like others have said, the axle pivot drop brackets were a little tough because there isn't much space to get the bolts in and out. I haven't had any problems with the alignment cams or the rest of the kit for that matter, and the truck holds alignment very well. As for the ride, I don't really think it changed it much but the truck actually feels more stable to me and handles better (less body roll). Oh, and +1 on the stock shocks working, they will be just fine so don't bother getting new ones. I have the longer shocks that you can get with the kit, but after installing them and comparing them with the stock shocks, they are definitely not necessary.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Diesel Addict

Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Just picked up my Ready Lift leveling kit today. Gonna try and get it installed in the next few days. It comes with shock extension brackets to take care of any concerns regarding the shock length. I will update as to the install when complete.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckF350 View Post
Just picked up my Ready Lift leveling kit today. Gonna try and get it installed in the next few days. It comes with shock extension brackets to take care of any concerns regarding the shock length. I will update as to the install when complete.
yours is gonna be different since its for an 08 not an OBS
Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Diesel Addict

Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Ooops sorry didn't notice. Wrong thread. It's late and the beers were going down to smooth.

Outta here!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.