Leaking Turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leaking Turbo

Hi guys

i took the air inlet pipe of the turbo to see if there was any loose in the turbo. It seems all tight, yet there was a noticeable amount of oil that came out of it. Will running it like this eventually damage the turbo?
would this be the seal kit i would need?

94-97Turbo

on the road the truck pulls hard anything over 2000 rpm you can really hear and feel the turbo working.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 AM

any turbo experts?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM

Yes sir that be the kit you need to R/R your turbo. Give ryan a call and he will fill you in on all the details.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:06 AM

thanks alot. Ryan is the owner of this Beans i take it?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:38 PM

That is correct. Might ask about a few other "must haves" while you're talking to him .
Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Nuckin' Futz

well how much oil is in the pipes...PSD...especially 7.3's are notorious for oil in the intake...you gotta remember the crankcase breather vents back into the intake and the 7.3 is notorious for a certain amount of blowby so it could just be that the oil is normal...i know when i take my IC tubes off or intake off i get a fair amount of oil in there...thats why they came up with the Crank case vent mod. This mod just has you take the breather (the rectangular box thing) off the driverside valve cover and flip it around so the vent to is facing backward and then run a 3/4 hose to the back of the truck. then plug the intake with a 3/4 plug. Theoretically it won't hurt anything cause like i said these engines are almost supposed to have oil in the intake. so unless its like multiple quarts i would just do the CCV mod and see if that changes anything...if not then i would say its the turbo. Taking these turbos off is a pain so try and make sure it is the turbo before you tear into it.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodude View Post
well how much oil is in the pipes...PSD...especially 7.3's are notorious for oil in the intake...you gotta remember the crankcase breather vents back into the intake and the 7.3 is notorious for a certain amount of blowby so it could just be that the oil is normal...i know when i take my IC tubes off or intake off i get a fair amount of oil in there...thats why they came up with the Crank case vent mod. This mod just has you take the breather (the rectangular box thing) off the driverside valve cover and flip it around so the vent to is facing backward and then run a 3/4 hose to the back of the truck. then plug the intake with a 3/4 plug. Theoretically it won't hurt anything cause like i said these
engines are almost supposed to have oil in the intake. so unless its like multiple quarts i would just do the CCV mod and see if that changes anything...if not then i would say its the turbo. Taking these turbos off is a pain so try and make sure it is the turbo before you tear into it.
When i took the orange hose off there was a few drops that came running out of the turbo houseing and the orange tube was oily inside. Nothing too excess.

thanks for the input. When you say box are you reffering to the factory air intake box? the line to the back of the truck is just like a vent hose? i mean it does not go into anything at the back correct? Hopefully i can find a link with pics for the crankcase mod as i don't see the whole picture. I know on my race car i had to eliminate the pcv and run 2 open breathers in the valve covers or the pcv would syphon the oil out and back into the carb.

Last edited by 95PDXLT; 03-02-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Nuckin' Futz

no no the box im refering to is a small rectangular box which is actually screwed down to the driver's side valve cover right under/behind the turbo inlet pipe. Let me see if i can find the page on mods. Here give this a try...
Old 03-02-2007, 06:10 AM
Nuckin' Futz

ah what the hell it didn't take... try this one
Welcome to guzzle's CCV mod web page
Old 03-02-2007, 06:19 AM

ok now i get it. Do you run the vent tube into a catch can?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.