Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

what kind of electrical connector is this?

882 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  onyxtalen 
#1 ·
well, I was going to change out my EOT sensor today but I've never seen a connector like the one that connects to it so I have no idea how to proceed. I've read it only takes about 20 minutes to change it but I've spent that long just trying to figure out how to disconnect the electrical fitting on it with no progress. anyone want to walk me through it? :frown2:

#2 ·
If it is like mine, I think you have to push on the tab in the middle and then pull it out. They can be a pain since there is a seal in there that can cause it to be tough to pull out (especially while trying to push on the tab in cramped quarters). Cheers!

#3 ·
...always PITA, and in my case the brittle tabs break(upon being disturbed after a rip-van-winkle period of time).

they do sell a pigtail that will allow you to use the newer style EOT sensor in case you can't find OEM style.

i only found this out after using some 10mil tape and zip ties to keep it plugged in after breaking off tabs.

#4 ·
ya, there is no tabs on this thing that I can see. It is grey in color with ribs running vertical the length of the connector. It is on tight and has no give in any direction when I try to wiggle it around. My only option that I can see is try to find a connector at an auto parts place and cut the two wires to get the EOT sensor off. Anyone have an idea of where to start to look for a new connector? I was thinking of starting at Napa and go from there. Maybe I could find a connector at Pick-a-Part.

#6 ·
I don't know how to upload any pictures here. FAQ isn't working for me so I can't read how to upload pic's if it's in there.
I checked at Ford and they can order me one that fits this sensor. Pick-a-Part wouldn't let me rummage through their 7.3's
so, if I can't brake this connector loose I guess I'll have no other options then spend $ with Ford.

#8 ·
Yeah, its the only thing (not counting HPOP and IPR) on the backside of the reservoir. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.